Author Topic: Weird head shape!  (Read 15782 times)

Offline drunkmonkey

• Learning the way of Sly
Weird head shape!
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:53:27 AM »
Hey guys!
So I'm 20 and am now the victim of a norwood 3! I don't like it but there's not much I can do!
I've been thinking of buzzing it for a while. But my head shape is extremely weird! With hair it's not extremely noticeable but I'm guessing without it will be very easy to see! Basically my head rises in what I'm assuming is a normal slope and then  about half way through it suddenly jumps up to form a bump at the top of my head, just in the very centre, both sides of it feel normal!
I've started to get pretty conscience off it. Anyone else have this head shape!? Or was I just dropped as a child :P

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Weird head shape!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:43:32 AM »
A Norwood 3, in and of itself may not be cause for concern, depending on how your hair grows (thick, thin, straight, curly).  As for rise in your head, it's difficult to determine anything without a picture.  There are very few heads that are totally symetrical, and there are a variety of shapes so others might not notice what you are concerned about.  Get out the camera and show us what the deal is. 

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
Until we see the actual dome, all we can say is, "It's rare that 'head shape' is a significant factor in deciding Sly or not."  I doubt if you are a pinhead.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
My guess, absent a picture, is that your N3 accentuates anything that really exists but more than that creates for you a real focus point on the receding hairline--looking in the mirror it would be all you could see--but someone else probably wouldn't notice anything except that you're going bald. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »
My guess, absent a picture, is that your N3 accentuates anything that really exists but more than that creates for you a real focus point on the receding hairline--looking in the mirror it would be all you could see--but someone else probably wouldn't notice anything except that you're going bald. 

I agree. But I'll also add that if your hair is receding, your scalp is going to be exposed eventually whether you shave or not.   It's worth giving the shaved look a try to see what you like better.

Offline drunkmonkey

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »
sorry to bump an old thread but I forgot to add a picture as requested [

basically got some thining at the top now so I guess its at least time to buzz it down. The hair at the front seems to minimise the effect of the weird bump at the back, I'm worried about when it's all the same level the bump will be much more visable

Thanks guys!

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »
I've only been around this forum for a bit over 2 months, in that time do you have ANY idea what percentage of us newbies have said that they were scared to try it because their head was a funny shape?  Somewhere in the vicinity of 50%, the other half is worried what the wife/co workers/friends are going to say.

Your head is fine and if you go sly it will look great.  If you really want to give it a shot then just do it.  Most of us had some unfounded fear that kept us from taking the jump.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 08:48:01 AM »
sorry to bump an old thread but I forgot to add a picture as requested

basically got some thining at the top now so I guess its at least time to buzz it down. The hair at the front seems to minimise the effect of the weird bump at the back, I'm worried about when it's all the same level the bump will be much more visable

Thanks guys!

You got the same head shape as me, I don't like the bump either... I can post a pic later when I get home. Besides you still got a lot of hair, so you don't HAVE to buzz it yet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:13:36 AM by yep_yep »

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »
I'm pretty much sure that this kinda headshape is what we're both dealing with:

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
I'm pretty much sure that this kinda headshape is what we're both dealing with:

That's pretty much me as well.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/