Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
Re: Introduction
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »
Hi & welcome to this great forum. You will get lots of encouragement to stay bald-by-choice here & also some great advice.
I have tried using an epilator, & yes, it is painful to begin with but does move things along a bit faster if you are determined to be completely bald & no turning back. One thing I will say is that hair will grow back, albeit, sparser & finer.

Personally, I am now used to the daily shave after having completed the 30-day-rule challenge. I look forward to having a smooth & shiny dome every day now. It is definitely the way to go.

Best wishes,

Bilko
BaldBill

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
Welcome to the group!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline TunaSkin

• My Blog: http://rollingintherok.wordpress.com/
  • Sly Jr.
    • My blog:
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 03:22:03 AM »
First of all, welcome! Good work shaving for a good cause. My guess is you're BBC, if that is the case, I'd say don't laser anything or do anything to mess with your hairline. Sly is a great look, but it's always an option. There might come a day when you want hair again and you'll be kicking yourself for getting your lovely locks all lazed off. I would probably still have my viking look I was rocking a year ago if my hair wasn't thinning so much, but I love the sly look just as much so it's all good. Anyway, your decision, best of luck and Welcome!
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”- Dale Carnegie

Offline bald_737

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 12:47:26 AM »
Thank you all for posting and giving advice. I will take them into consideration. Somehow, my order for an epilator came in and now I am playing with it. As planned, I had to wait for a few days to grow back the hair and took off some hairs to reduce the hairline. Guess will have to wait and see what is next. Yes, it was a bit painful, guess I can take it without problem. But I will not have the gut to do the whole head yet. From the mirror, it looks a bit weird. Hopefully, no one will take note of it. I will take some pictures for record. Guess, I may have to shave after this too.  #3w

Offline mopar400

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:47 PM »
You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
Welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  Glad that ya joined us.  Post a pic when U can.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline bald_737

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 02:01:58 AM »
Helo guys, I am back after toyying with my epilator. Will also like u guys to see the difference. 2 pictures one before and one after. U do notice some differences and hope u can comments which are welcome.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 05:26:01 AM »
If it works for you, that's great.

Personally I really enjoy the daily morning shave (the whole ritual and the transformation from scruffy to smooth); the epilator would die of loneliness around here.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »
It is hard to tell which is the before and after.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline bald_737

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 08:35:35 AM »
1st picture is the after, see the deeper hair line n the thin hair at the back. I dont know I logged the 1st picture last but it came out 1st. Will post some more after I edited them as posting only allow small file.