Author Topic: neck irritation  (Read 4230 times)

Offline musicman

• Sly Guy in Training
neck irritation
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
My neck is hypersensitive to blade shaving. I've gotten the right side of it under control but I still can't get it smooth and on the left side the area below my sideburn always flares up with irritation and ingrown hairs. This is my routine:

Let the water in the shower hit my face while I wash everything else.
Scrub my face a bit with a loofa
Apply shaving cream and slightly shave my face against the grain (won't dare to try against)
Splash some cold water on my face
Apply astringent on my face
Get sad about 20 mins later when the irritation shows up
Don't shave for a week

I might just have to go with the shadow all the time.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: neck irritation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:26:58 AM »
Have you tried a non-oily after shave balm, like Nivea Extreme, or a hydrocortizone lotion?

Offline customdoors1

• Big Baldie
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Pete
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:46:50 AM »
First of all are using new blades because if not could be cacteria on the blades. I rince my blades before and after I shave with alcohol or peroxide. Second exfoliate with a scrub I use neutogena it contains 2% salasylic acid scrub and let it sit while you wash your body. Third go to walgreens and pick a bottle of headslick up by headblade let it sit a minute after your shower and shave trust me you'll be able to go against the grain if you do this right. Cold water rince. Then try 100% pure aloe vera gel.
Big Baldie
😎😎😎

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:54 PM »
i would use a good after shave balm nivia or the real shaving companys , olso try using a razor like the wilkinson hydro

Enter your email address: