Author Topic: Newest Routines  (Read 3090 times)

Offline customdoors1

• Big Baldie
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Pete
Newest Routines
« on: March 13, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »
Ok so ive noticed that most of the routines are old and if anyone is like me your routine is always changing so lets get our latest routines down

My newest routine :
Cetaphil body wash
Conditioner and rince ( try this you will notice the difference really softens the hair for your shave no more oil under your slick )
Headslick 2-3 passes against the grain
Cold water rince
Dickinsons Witch Hazel let dry
 Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Wish i could find aloe vera gel with spf
Smooth and Dries with a nice shine not greasy

Big Baldie
😎😎😎

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
Re: Newest Routines
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »
That's a pretty nice routine.  I've gotten lazy to the point of just a little hot water, some headslick and a shave

Offline Goldy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:25:08 PM »
First I take my razor and put it in a glass jar with about 1/2" of Hydrogen Peroxide in it, to let it soak/disinfect while I take a shower.

Work some Bald Guys shampoo into my scalp and let it marinate while I wash up. Rinse.

Get out of shower without drying off dome.

Get the water nice and hot in the sink, put a few drops of Shave Secret in my hands with water and massage my scalp a bit.

Rinse off blade and apply Aveeno Calming with a brush.

Shave with the grain all over, leaving the back of neck for last. Check for any patches. Check around my ears. Rewet my hands and massage the reactivated Shave Secret, spread leftover Aveeno. Shave against the grain. Check around my ears again. Check for any missed spots and hit 'em up.

Get water nice and cold. Rinse off and PAT dry my head. Apply Aloe Vera & Vitamin E Baby Oil Gel. (1 or 2 drops) Massage into scalp really well. Soft cloth buff off excess oil.

Boom, done.

I've only shaved my head 3 times (been using the Cleanhead prior) but I can get it done, including shaving around my beard in about 10 minutes. No nicks, no irritation. I also use the Bald Guys Gel from time to time during the day, since sometime the top of my head gets a bit flaky. Nothing too gross, just dry.

The hydrogen peroxide bath I've been giving my blades has helped TREMENDOUSLY. Not only am I getting a super close shave, my blades have been lasting much, much longer.

I'd also like to try the Aloe Vera/Vitamin E regular Baby OIL, not the gel. Seems like it would work better since the gel is so thick, it seems like I'm wasting it if I use more than three small drops. It definitely makes your dome feel nice and smooth though.

Offline daniel-imba

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:18:42 AM »
Either i dont understand something either...hm...

My routine is so so much easyer.

1) 3-5 mins of hot water while im in a shower.
2) Johnson&Jonson baby oil (5bucks for a solid bottle) onto head (massage it a while). Btw, i dont use 4-5 drops of oil, i use it a lot. Adn even add it im the middle of the proccess.
3) Shave whole head.
4) Dry the head and apply some anti akne creme. End of story.

I will gladly spent 100 bucks on all these gels, moistures and other stuff and will gladly apply them all in some mistycal order onto my dome, if only someone will explain me why to do all these tricks.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
What it comes down to is that we all have different skin types, varying coarseness and density of hair, and shadow issues.  What works beautifully for one is terrible for another.  So we each develop the routine that works best for each of us.  Simpler is better but some need a more complicated approach.  Not to mention the fact that some of us are product junkies - always looking for a slightly smoother/longer lasting shave.
As a result out bathrooms end up looking like the "men's" aisle in the local drug store.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Goldy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 10:53:31 AM »
I didn't buy everything I use at one time, but I'd guesstimate it's all under $20, including the razor & cartridges. Hardly "100 bucks".

Enter your email address: