Author Topic: bumps on the back of my head  (Read 12636 times)

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
bumps on the back of my head
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
i'm fustratued on why they back of my head is super bumpy. any suggestions???  >:( :Xo! :-[

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: bumps on the back of my head
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »
is it irritation?  I rinse with witch hazel and it seems to help.  Also, my skin is sensitive so the only cleanser i use is water.  Seems to do the job.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

BBCAlex

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
Try using "Sea Breeze Actives" astringent with 1% salicylic acid which you can find in any skin care section of a drugstore or grocery store. Make sure you get the "Actives" and not the regular or sensitive skin "Sea Breeze". It works great for me. Just dont use it right after you shave or you will scream!

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »
is it irritation?  I rinse with witch hazel and it seems to help.  Also, my skin is sensitive so the only cleanser i use is water.  Seems to do the job.

yes i think so, if i don't put a little pressure on the back, it feels super stubbbly.  :P

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »
Try using "Sea Breeze Actives" astringent with 1% salicylic acid which you can find in any skin care section of a drugstore or grocery store. Make sure you get the "Actives" and not the regular or sensitive skin "Sea Breeze". It works great for me. Just dont use it right after you shave or you will scream!

i'll give it a try. anything at this matter. thanks  O0

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »

oh yea, what color is it? is it blue or yellow?

BBCAlex

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 12:35:23 PM »

Its yellow but the regular strength and the one with 1% salicylic acid are both yellow so make sure it is labeled "Actives" on the front. The blue is for sensitive skin.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »

alrite then i'll give it a shot, thanks.  O0

Its yellow but the regular strength and the one with 1% salicylic acid are both yellow so make sure it is labeled "Actives" on the front. The blue is for sensitive skin.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
Hey BBCAlex,

Thanks for the tip on Sea Breeze Active astringent. I want to give it a try! Bumps can be a real pain to deal with.

What drug store do you go to to find the "sea Breeze Active astringent at?
I have checked at our local grocery store, Wallmart and at CVS Pharmacy and the only Sea breeze they carried was the blue one for sensitive skin. We also have walgreens here but I haven't checked there yet.

Thanks for your help.

BaldjoeG

:)

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 01:45:54 AM »
Hey BBCAlex,

Thanks for the tip on Sea Breeze Active astringent. I want to give it a try! Bumps can be a real pain to deal with.

What drug store do you go to to find the "sea Breeze Active astringent at?
I have checked at our local grocery store, Wallmart and at CVS Pharmacy and the only Sea breeze they carried was the blue one for sensitive skin. We also have walgreens here but I haven't checked there yet.

Thanks for your help.

BaldjoeG

yes i couldn't find it there. i completely stop shaving my head until the bumps go down. it doesn't feel right having hair on my head. :px

:)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 11:46:43 AM »
I wasn't there looking for it specifically, but I noticed that Rite Aid carries it. It was in the face cleanser/acne treatment section. Hope that helps.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Clipper Setting #1

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 12:27:58 AM »
hey blackbaldman19, i understand your pain. i recently decided to shave my head and ive had some issues in the back as well...the first time i shaved i did a terrible job and left alot of hair to remove so i did a lot of pulling and had lots of red on my neck and back of the head and the only thing that could fix it was growing it all out again..

since ive been consistently on the wagon, ive been using a product called Bump Patrol(purchased at my local CVS). it comes in a blue box with a black man on the cover and its stored in a blue tube. you smooth it on all shaved areas post-shave and it seems to do the job. ive refined how i shave my head and i've noticed the more patient i am., the better results i get and Bump Patrol is the icing on the cake. They also have balms, lotions, and whatnot to go along with it.

As a black man myself, i have watched my father and other men struggle with them and use corrosive produced such as Magic Shave to remove hair and that stuff is flat out bad for your skin. Ultimately our naturally curly hair is going to be a problem especially with a close shave so using a good amount of the Bump Patrol seems to do a good job, for myself at least.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 05:16:41 AM »
^^much respect to you man. i'm goin to get that bump stopper. i pass it all the time in wal mart and was always skeptical bout it.

i've grown accustomed to being bald i don't wanna grow my hair back out. i jus can't simply do it.

P.S Why not post your picture up so i can see you? lol