Author Topic: Soon to be Sly Guy in California  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Soon to be Sly Guy in California
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
Mike, if you're in San Jose, PM me and I'll come over and shave your head for you!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Mike, if you're in San Jose, PM me and I'll come over and shave your head for you!

So T makes house calls huh?  Can you be at my place at 4am ET on Monday for my morning shave?   :*))

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »

So T makes house calls huh?  Can you be at my place at 4am ET on Monday for my morning shave?   :*))

I think you're beyond the clipper stage Barron!  Plus, you're not in San Jose  :P
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 06:17:43 PM »
Just got back from the barber, buzzed down to a #1....but won't be a big stretch to go sly.  Probably do the shave tomorrow, scalp is a little irritated from the "system" and adhesive......
feel like a huge weight is off my shoulder....and looks pretty good if I do say so myself (kind of modest here) Will post a pic when I can.
Thanks for everyone's words of welcome and support
San Francisco here

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »
Just got back from the barber, buzzed down to a #1....but won't be a big stretch to go sly.  Probably do the shave tomorrow, scalp is a little irritated from the "system" and adhesive......
feel like a huge weight is off my shoulder....and looks pretty good if I do say so myself (kind of modest here) Will post a pic when I can.
Thanks for everyone's words of welcome and support
San Francisco here

Sweet!!  O0

Offline ShavedDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 10:28:49 AM »
I wore hair for about the same time as you. Changed for some of the same reasons, I was told I looked good the other way. The majority did not know. I have been this way since just before Christmas. It is much easier. No fuss. No appointments. Just shave and go. I don't get told I am handsome anymore but as I am approaching 49, who gives a damn.
Rolling out the red carpet,
Best Regards,
Shaveddave

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 10:36:37 AM »
I guess that's one more Bay Area SBG to add to the list. It's a good look for you. When you do take a razor to it, it'll feel awesome. Although I never used a "system" or adhesives, the shave did wonders for the health of my scalp. I suffered a severe case of dandruff/dermatitus, which is completely gone since I've been SLY. I'm sure you'll have similar success.

Again, congrats!

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 03:12:24 PM »
I wore hair for about the same time as you. Changed for some of the same reasons, I was told I looked good the other way. The majority did not know. I have been this way since just before Christmas. It is much easier. No fuss. No appointments. Just shave and go. I don't get told I am handsome anymore but as I am approaching 49, who gives a damn.

That is because you are no longer handsome honey....you are SLY!!!! and that is better than being handsome!!!  O:O  O0

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 03:28:04 PM »
Congratulations. I just started to, you will love it, feels great.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline aldo101

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »
Hey Bro that is the best decision you can take. I was dealing with the hair loss for awile and i took the plunge last friday and let me tell you feels soo good and looks fantastic, so my friend welcome to the club. i,m in TX.

KALBO

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 06:56:08 AM »
Welcome Mike...thanks for the stories and experience with the "system", between you and a few others you are definately assisting me in educating my wife(who remains the only negative on me going Sly)!  Deep down I think she likes it...just afraid to admit it!  8)

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
Welcome Mike...thanks for the stories and experience with the "system", between you and a few others you are definately assisting me in educating my wife(who remains the only negative on me going Sly)!  Deep down I think she likes it...just afraid to admit it!  8)
Hi KaLbO, At the time (13 years ago) Sly wasn't as much as an option as it is today, so the "system" served its purpose, really didn't like my big bald spot. Unfortunately the "system" isn't all its cracked up to be. The ads claim you can do anything, that it is virtually undetectable. In fact it puts a number of limitations on you and fears (when it is windy, while swimming, people getting too close).  It is also a significant $$$ investment...for service, replacements and products.
This is my one week anniversary, and I will never go back.

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »
 O0

Offline NAVRN

• Sly Jr.
  • AKA NAVRN2
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 03:05:27 PM »
Welcome Mike.... you will feel much better now!!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 04:26:20 PM »
Welcome to the "asylum" Mike!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Enter your email address: