Author Topic: Any Suggestions??  (Read 7985 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Any Suggestions??
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 05:28:50 AM »
Here at my job there is a guy, much like you, that wore a rug for many, many years. After I shaved my head I would see him looking at me as I went down the hall, saw him in the bathroom, in the cafeteris.... wherever. I knew exactly what he was thinking so it never bothered me.

Then about 2 years ago I didn't see him for a week or so...... but when I did see him he had ditched the rug and was walking the halls in full SLYness. He nodded and smiled at me the first time we passed. What an improvment!

Everyone continually made fun of him behind his back when he wore the rug.... I've never heard anyone criticize his shaved head.

Ditch the rug, shave the horseshoe, and walk into that office with your head held high. No doubt there will be comments at first.... and probably mostly good comments. But they will pass and you're living a lie will be over.

Post up a photo once you shave.... you know you're going to do it.... you know you want to do it...... so do it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »
If you're thinking about it, then it's simply time to go sly.

Welcome to the best Bald Guys support site on the web, bro.
BaldBill

Offline deman

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 3/11/2011
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
Hey guys, I'm new here and I too am ready to toss the rug in the trash. I started losing hair at 19 and been wearing hair since 22 (40 now). I've talked it over with my wife and she said she finds bald men sexy (now she tells me :o), but she really hasn't seen me without hair. I have set a time frame of mid-March. And, I knew I was going to be laid off from my job at the end of February, so that fits in perfectly. I call this the reinvention of myself. Any suggestions on how to deal with the questions that will no doubt come afterward?
Come on Cubs....103 years and counting!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »
And, I knew I was going to be laid off from my job at the end of February, so that fits in perfectly. I call this the reinvention of myself. Any suggestions on how to deal with the questions that will no doubt come afterward?
Sorry about the employment problems, but you're doing the right thing regarding your mpb.  Frankly, although it's a huge thing for us when we do it, most have found that although there are some compliments, generally the rest of the world doesn't care.  Enjoy the compliments, you'll no doubt look younger and more confident--both assets in repositioning yourself in employment.  Glad you found us, post up a picture of the Sly Guy you're becoming.

Offline glockmeister

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
I was in a similar situation,I started wearing a rug in high school and wore it for 29 years.The freedom you feel after getting rid of it and going sly is unreal.When people ask me why I did it I just tell them I decided one day to go sly.The guys on here helped me alot.Good luck with your decision.

Offline deman

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 3/11/2011
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
Thanks, guys! My wife seems more excited about it than me! She does admit that she is a little nervous as she hasn't seen me more than once or twice without "hair". But I am ready...we even brought it up to our daughters (10 and 8) about daddy shaving his head. My 8 year old said "DO IT!" and my 10 year old is a little jokester saying "If you do, make sure you do it on a weekend when we won't be out in public". I had to laugh! I'm just waiting for my goatee to grow in a little more and that will be it. I'm trying not to procrastinate as I will not be buying a replacement hairpiece so in essence, I'm forcing myself to do this!(my current one is getting bad)....Wish me luck!

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:19 PM »
Hi, was exactly in your situation. Spent lots maintaining a system that never quite looked right. Was terrified of the reaction if I went sly.  It was a non issue and the compliments on the new look confirmed that I made the right decision. Go for it, you won't regret it.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
Besides looking like a million dollars, just think of the money you save!  Take the money and kick up your heels with the family.  Rejoice in the  Freedom!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline genxeration

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »
I appreciate all of the comments and encouragement.  You guys have convinced me!  I will be shaving this weekend.  There is a St. Baldrick's event in my area this weekend and I am going to participate.  Actually, the most important thing here is not about me shaving but contributing to cancer research for kids.  Several other people from my office are shaving as well.  I will post a photo after the big day.  Thanks again for the support!

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/453267

Offline deman

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 3/11/2011
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »
St Baldricks is an awesome charity! It also puts things into perspective.....

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 07:00:28 PM »
I appreciate all of the comments and encouragement.  You guys have convinced me!  I will be shaving this weekend.  There is a St. Baldrick's event in my area this weekend and I am going to participate.  Actually, the most important thing here is not about me shaving but contributing to cancer research for kids.  Several other people from my office are shaving as well.  I will post a photo after the big day.  Thanks again for the support!

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/453267

Excellent!  Not only is it a very worthwhile cause, it will make things a lot easier for you knowing that you have the full support of your co-workers.

Offline deman

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 3/11/2011
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »
 Several other people from my office are shaving as well.  I will post a photo after the big day.  Thanks again for the support!

Well, genxeration, how did it go? ???

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »
Looks like I'm a bit late, you joined before I did, never the less, Welcome!!  You carry the SLY look well!!!!!   O0