Author Topic: how many times a week do you shave? and why?  (Read 13072 times)

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: how many times a week do you shave? and why?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:04 PM »
Daily - otherwise it would be a bad hair day for me.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Darren67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »
haha nice one guys, so how did you all come to the conclusion of shaving your heads everday? was it a gradual thing or did you just say im going sly im gonna do it everyday regardless! lol

Darren :)

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »
MWF and Sat a.m. if "something social" is on the agenda for the evening.

This.  I used to shave every 3 or 4 days, but I've recently made the switch to every other day... and sometimes the next day!  I'd probably shave every day if the back of my head didn't become so raw and irritated.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Troy

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »
Same here as Bill on Bass.  Was doing it every 3-4 days, but in the last couple of weeks it's been every other day.  I thought it was easier shaving when I had a bit of growth (3-4 days) but I seem to get a much smoother shave if I do it every other day.  Plus I'm hooked on doing it so the more the better. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »
so how did you all come to the conclusion of shaving your heads everday?
Been that way since I got wise to sly, it feels good to have a nice smooth dome--only disadvantage is that for several hours when it's cold enough for a beanie-the beanie has a tendency to want to slide up and off, a little stubble holds it down.  Baby butt smooth, for me it's the only way to be. 

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Like Noodles, I shave my head twice a day.  Once in the morning before work and then again in the evening. 

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »
I usually shave every day as I don't like the velcro feel if I go longer than that.  I also think sly looks better than my bald spot and thinning hair!  Sometimes if I am going out, I may shave a second time!

MikeBrke

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 11:48:07 PM »
I haven't gone full sly yet... but I do shave with clippers no guard about every four days.  At first it took me about a half hour to get the job done, but now it only takes about 12 minutes.  I will take 12 minutes every four days for a nearly sly dome  :)

Also, many have mentioned they don't like the velcro feel of stubble.  Maybe I am weird but I have grown to like it (pun intended).

Offline Miguel Santos

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 04:59:50 PM »
As I use an electric razor I shave everyday in the morning, I don't like the velcro feeling so shaving it everyday keeps it away. No irritation, no pimples, no nicks, no razor burns, "smooth baby butt scalp" hehehe

Whenever I go out at night, usually Friday and Saturday, I shave it in the evening too.

Cheers!
Miguel

... And I still have to update my pic...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:02:07 PM by Miguel Santos »

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »
As I use an electric razor I shave everyday in the morning, I don't like the velcro feeling so shaving it everyday keeps it away.
No irritation, no pimples, no nicks, no razor burns, "smooth baby butt scalp" hehehe

Whenever I go out at night, usually Friday and Saturday, I shave it in the evening too.

Cheers!
Miguel
... And I still have to update my pic...

Miguel,

Happy to see you found your "pot of gold" at the end of the SLY RAINBOW!!

I can remember you had doubts and issues when you first started shaving because of the problems you anticipated.

I told you all the issues would work themselves out over time, remember?

Once again, I'm happy to here you didn't give up on the SLY SIDE of LIFE!!

CHEERS!

- Cap'n Noodles -

...And YES... you do need to update your pic (A BEFORE and AFTER pic so we can all see the transformation)!!

sphynx

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »
Every morning

Offline Basqueman

• Sly Jr.
  • Your opinion of yourself is the one that matters
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »
I shave everyday.  Its my morning routine now to stumble into the shower in the morning, soak myself under the hot steaming water and then go thru my shaving routine.  Its relaxing and I look forward to it.  My scalp got irritated in the beginning but as I experimented, I found that using a shaving oil as a base makes my noggin nice and slippery.  The blade just skates across my scalp.  I use a Headblade from front to back,  re lather and then go back to front.

On weekends, when it doesn't matter what I smell like  ;),  I use my electric razor to tame the stubble until the next time I shower.

Offline Miguel Santos

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 03:58:57 AM »
Hi Noodles!

Yes, lots of doubts and issues hehe but I worked it out going with an electric, it works perfect for me!

And I do remember your words and also the words of other members ;) Let me thank you all once again for all your excelent help!

Well even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to quit, I hated that "big hole" on my crown and the tiny hair on top... so, let it grow is a NO NO GO hehehe Once Sly, Sly forever!

I will workout on the pictures! hehe

Cheers!
Miguel

Offline Harleyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
Every other day.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/140224/sampf09f1299b683a4f3.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »
I try to shave everyday as much as I can - I want to keep my head shiny and smooth!  :@`

Some mornings, I'm just too much in a rush or tired (such as the case this morning - so I'll hafta suffer with the velcro today)
MikeC