Author Topic: Do I look alright bald?  (Read 10683 times)

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
Re: Do I look alright bald?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 09:14:14 PM »
About ten years ago when I was "fighting" balding in every which way you could possibly imagine, my best friend noticed that he was losing his hair and just shaved it then and there. Baldness is a total non-issue for him now and hasn't been for years and years. I spent the better part of the past decade feeling sorry for myself and hiding in the shadows. He went out and got married, started a family and is about the most self confident guy I know. Follow his example and NOT MINE. He's a happy man with a great life b/c he accepted baldness, shaved his head and never looked back. You are fortunate to have found this site where you will get some of the best advice anywhere. You cannot change the fact that you are losing your hair. What you can do is choose to embrace it rather than fight it and you will find yourself infintely happier.

Oh yes Razor, I have thought about that alot. Sometimes I wish I could fast forward 10 years to where more of them might be going as well, but then again that is kind of a sad wish and only proves to me how much I obsess over something so petty. Oh well, I will have the last laugh when it comes down to it.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline Ldreamer

• Sly Guy in Training
  • I sense.... danger
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »
Thank you so much Noodles, I hope I can someday harbor the same enthusiasm about all of this as you! Jack I am going to continue to visit these forums whenever I can for inspiration, I am so sorry about your past ordeals, I will definitely keep your story in mind! Thank you!
Mike's bait shop, master-baiter speaking.

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 09:42:05 PM »
What happened to me is good in a way in that I can now tell guys like you my story and steer you away from the predatory "hair restoration" industry. I appreciate your sympathy, but what's important is that you learn from my stupidity and desperation and steer well clear of all the snake oil salesmen ou there just waiting to make you feel "less than" b/c of your baldness and then take ludicrous amounts of money.

Thank you so much Noodles, I hope I can someday harbor the same enthusiasm about all of this as you! Jack I am going to continue to visit these forums whenever I can for inspiration, I am so sorry about your past ordeals, I will definitely keep your story in mind! Thank you!
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline dwht100

• Learning the way of Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:05 AM »

For what its worth many people have told me that a bald head looks best on a guy with a strong jaw and a regular dome shaped head. I used to waste a lot of time thinking if I fitted this look but there comes a time when it doesn't matter, you get to a stage where you become comfortable in your own skin.I think its about making the best of what we have or in this case what hair we don't have. Good luck, you look hot!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 08:19:47 AM »

For what its worth many people have told me that a bald head looks best on a guy with a strong jaw and a regular dome shaped head. I used to waste a lot of time thinking if I fitted this look but there comes a time when it doesn't matter, you get to a stage where you become comfortable in your own skin.I think its about making the best of what we have or in this case what hair we don't have. Good luck, you look hot!

Most guys look "all right" bald.  We've become conditioned to think that baldness "ruins" our appearance.  What really can ruin a balding man's appearance is making the wrong choices with the remaining hair (i.e., combing over, leaving the fringe too long or trying to maintain the same hairstyle when there's no longer enough hair left to do so).  A shaved or closely buzzed balding head rarely looks bad.  It can be difficult to accept a change that is forced upon you, but once you stop thinking of it in terms of "better" or "worse" and just accept it as something different, it's a whole lot easier to deal with.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
Lots of great advice in this thread I can only repeat...so WELCOME TO SBGs!!! 8)

Offline Ldreamer

• Sly Guy in Training
  • I sense.... danger
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:48 AM »
Yes, all of that is true. Trying to maintain the hairstyle you had a few years back will only set you up for more discouragement, I know this because I used to spend hours in the bathroom toying with my hair trying to get it to do impossible things and really just hurting my scalp. It's kind of crazy how psychology works, if it were something you were trying to build, and you knew you were short of material for creating the desired look, you would say "well screw it this will never work" but when it came down to my hair I just had this notion it was a "bad" day for it. I just simply couldn't accept it. Now I realize the key to you and everyone around you enjoying the sly look (first time using that word haha) is confidence, because on base I kept my head high and I was pretty well respected there. Even got myself a girl as you can see. But that confidence is going to take me a while to muster out here in the civilian world.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »
Welcome L, keep it and follow Razor's advice.   O0

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
Welcome and enjoy your "slick melon" We are all in the same boat
Go the 30 day rule and after that you will be sorry you did not do it sooner - - -

Good Luck  and just stick with us

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
Ldreamer, welcome to the best bald forum on the Internet  O0  You have found the "right" place  8)  Now you can really begin to enjoy life O:O

MikeBrke

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:04 PM »
Well considering in your profile pic that about 95% of your head is blocked from my view, sure you look great.

If you want honest answers, post honest pictures.

Anyway, regardless of your profile picture, the advice the other guys have given you is top notch.  It is all about how you feel. 

In other words... F**k 'em. Do what you want.

Offline Ldreamer

• Sly Guy in Training
  • I sense.... danger
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 03:07:30 AM »
I would say about 15% of my head is blocked, but I feel you!

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »
I have to agree with dwht100 you look HOT keep it up and by the way DWHT100 you are very HOT as well  :@`  Wish I was in Australia  O:O

Enter your email address: