Author Topic: a right body type for being bald?  (Read 18219 times)

Offline bushido

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: a right body type for being bald?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
The more I hear from you the more I think that you have some traction alopecia going on. Cut it shorter, lose the pulled back pony tail, and I have a feeling you'll be fine. Sensitivity and tingliness at the hairline are not characteristic of typical mpb. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have much to worry about. Of course you could always go bald by choice but my sense is that a change that drastic might knock you for a loop. If I were you I would cut it gradually shorter and shorter until its a 3 or 4 on top. I mean that's what I'd do if I still had hair. As for the body - I do spend a lot of time in the gym and am very strict with my diet but that's how I've been for years. Honestly my look is probably not optimal. I look intimidating to those who don't know me. That's fine if you're 17 and trying to prove how manly you are, but at my age having women my age saying "excuse me sir" as they pass me in the doorway is not my idea of bliss.

i decided that ill get it cut, but keep it a little bit lengthy, i forgot to mention this, for the past 2 weeks my scalp has been a bit tingly and sensitive around the top of my head and nowhere else...not sure if this is a common thing when people are starting to loose their hair or if its because my hair being too tight. sorry for getting my own post off topic, im helpless in this matter, also any shampoos or anything that can help with keeping your hair in? or strengthening it (haha i know this is the wrong place to ask about shampoo) right now im using a tea tree shampoo and conditioner

thanks, i dont know if my friend works tomorrow to cut my hair, but if he does then ill upload some pictures so everyone can see (later that night of course after work) i think ive already made my peace with cutting my hair, the way ill style it, ill just comb it back it will look the same as if i still had the ponytail anyways, except for my cape of hair haha

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »
Go for the young godfather look - Robert De Niro in the second film. Slicked back, neat, and throw in a moustache for good measure O0
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
Wouldn't traction alopecia cause thinning at any point along the hairline?  Or is it more likely to occur at the temples because that's the "weakest" part of the hairline for most men?   Just curious.  I'm still thinking that the OP could be experiencing some minimal, natural thinning at the temples which is part of a normal adult hairline.  Either way, eliminating the tension on the hair is probably a good idea.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »
Go for the young godfather look - Robert De Niro in the second film. Slicked back, neat, and throw in a moustache for good measure O0
OK, if you're going to do the godfather look, then you need to dress the part and start quoting lines from those movies, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer", "leave the gun, take the cannolis" and so on.  :/O  
But seriously, if you can pull it off, it's a great look!  ;)

Offline bushido

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »
it doesent seem to be thinning on the sides but i could be wrong because my hair is never tight on the sides near the temple and i have so much of it, it looks a little more (scalpy) near the part in the middle and the front, (i make new parts to the left and right of the originality part but it looks like the original part is the weakest.

also haha godfather maybe! my "usual getup" for any everyday occasion is black pants, black shirt, black tie, black belt, black shoes, black jacket or vest i usually get "oh here comes steven segal" hahaha