Author Topic: Micro Force mini battery powered razor  (Read 5888 times)

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
Micro Force mini battery powered razor
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:09:44 PM »
Okay, this might be an odd review, but for Father's Day, I'd gotten a little MicroForce foil style electric razor that runs off of two AAA batteries.  Of course, the point of the thing is, it's totally portable and fits in a pocket. Originally, I got it to take to work and touch up 5 o'clock shadow on my face. (I hadn't gone sly yet at the time).
Well, I learned this little $10 razor kicks butt. You heard me right, it's only 10 bucks at Walgreens, usually with the "As seen on TV " junk, but because it's relatively small, you can get into tighter spots with it.  For touching up the noggin, it works wonders. It can really get around bumps and valleys. I go ATG, and my head feels completely smooth!  I also use it around my HT scars, because I've very nervous about using a blade in that area.
All I can say is, if you want something for quick touch ups that can fit in your pocket, these little things rock.
I'm amazed by it.

This morning, I used my new Conair Cleanhead for the back, which did a very good job, but I still found some tiny spots that I could get a little closer.. I used the MicroForce on these for a near perfect shave all around. Good combo. I still used my headblade on my top and sides though, I'll never give that up.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:04:23 PM by Tyler »

Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Micro Force mini battery powered razor
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
Thanks!! I'll have to pick one up to keep in my car and for travels.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:45:50 PM »
Hey phigg, that sounds like it's good for keeping the stubble look, and for touch-ups late in the day if you're going out.  O0

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »
It's only possible drawback, if you have sensitive skin, it might cause some irritation.  Any time I've used it on, say, my chin, I felt kinda raw afterwards.. then again, I might've done too many passes.
But it doesn't seem bad on the melon at all.  I guess it depends on how tight your skin is.
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »
They have one at the official site that is rechargeable and for an additional 5.99 you can get a sweet 10 piece travel grooming kit that holds the razor.
https://www.buymicroforce.com/default.aspx?id=&refcode=1002
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 07:41:50 AM »
Anybody have any more thoughts on this product?  Still positive after some use?
I was thinking of getting one for holiday travel.
Thanks.