Author Topic: Ugh! Stupid island of hair!  (Read 19023 times)

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
Re: Ugh! Stupid island of hair!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »
As mentioned numerous times in this post, nothing's wrong with your noggin...it's all in your (ahem) head!! (Pun intended).

You need to replace Mackey's photo with yours to personalize your membership a bit more, and as Saintc and the others have already stated....Quit worrying so much and START ENJOYING the SLY SIDE of LIFE!!

- Cap'n Noodles -

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
It doesn't look bad at all.  The island will disappear on its own, in time.  Just be patient.   ;)

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
I'm one to talk, but you're being WAY harder on yourself than anyone else will ever be. You look fine. I would never have noticed "an island of hair" if you hadn't made it your topic. I have a giant scar from ear to ear. That is noticable. You look great. Absolutely nothing to be in the least bit concerned about.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
Vic, you look AWESOME! ;)  OK, then settle for fantastic!  Actually, your picture looks great!  Are you sure that's really you?  I mean with all the negativity you've been saying, I'm thinking you posted a picture of some other great looking guy and you still won't show the real you  :/O
OK, enough BS. 
Sly fits you - and it looks fine!  The more you keep your dome shaved (like daily), the less you will see the "island of hair" or any other hair.  If you stroll through the forum threads, you will find others who have dealt with it. It's not a big deal!  And yeah, with MPB, it will go away in time, but don't hold your breath.  Get out there and start enjoying your new found freedom!  Live life, dude!  You only get one, so go for it!  O0

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly weight loss master!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 02:51:17 AM »
Wow, thank you kindly, gentlemen.  I didn't think it'd suit me, but you guys say otherwise.

I ought to post another picture after a fresh shave now.

I guess I would be the only one to notice then unless I stick my head in somebody's face!

I'll leave the wax there for now then!  8)

P.S. That is definitely me and my semi-Sly dome, Nonick!  :)

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 08:18:10 AM »
have seen the pic and you look great bald! no need to worry at all.
Anyway if the "island" really bothers you, you can just wax/tweeze it off: I know from my own experience that tweezing the hair off that area (front/top) is not that painful.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »
Pic looks good man
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
I didn't see any "deficiency".  Looks good man. O0

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 08:22:05 PM »
Looks great to me. You certainly don't need to be hiding behind a celebrity avatar.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
Wow, thank you kindly, gentlemen.  I didn't think it'd suit me, but you guys say otherwise.

I ought to post another picture after a fresh shave now.

I guess I would be the only one to notice then unless I stick my head in somebody's face!

I'll leave the wax there for now then!  8)

P.S. That is definitely me and my semi-Sly dome, Nonick!  :)

Yeah, I figured (hoped) it was, I was just "in the moment" and thought I'd have a little fun.  No harm meant.  So, how long before you post a "real pic" of you?  It's not a requirement or anything; just wondering.  ???

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly weight loss master!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 03:59:10 AM »
Well to be honest, guys, the reason I haven't put up an avatar of myself is that I visit a lot of other forums under a different name and if one of them were to somehow figure out who I was and that I'm a bald brother, they'd try to use it against me in debate.

Not that it would bother me in the sense that their comments would hurt, but that'd be their only retort and debate would be impossible.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 06:39:44 AM »
if one of them were to somehow figure out who I was and that I'm a bald brother, they'd try to use it against me in debate.

that'd be their only retort and debate would be impossible.

:/O :/O :/O
Why hang around people who you seem to indicate prefer receding hairlines and denial of mpb?  People who can't think further than that can't "debate" anyway.  Besides, how many would "see"?  They sound like they have got their heads up where the sun doesn't shine anyway.

Offline Miguel Santos

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 08:34:32 AM »
Hi Victor!

Don't worry about that island of hair, as others said you are the one who notice it, no one else will see it. I have the same island as you and for me it's pretty clear the path the MPB is taking, that island will be in evidence more then I would like it, but as said before, I will be the only one who will notice it.

Relax and enjoy ;)

Cheers!
Miguel

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
Well to be honest, guys, the reason I haven't put up an avatar of myself is that I visit a lot of other forums under a different name and if one of them were to somehow figure out who I was and that I'm a bald brother, they'd try to use it against me in debate.

Not that it would bother me in the sense that their comments would hurt, but that'd be their only retort and debate would be impossible.

So their response to your valid argument would be, "Yeah, well you're bald!"  ??  They don't sound like people worth debating to me. 

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »
OK, I'm bald and loving life, and you're in denial...or depression.  I choose bald!  8)

Enter your email address: