Author Topic: Something to think about.  (Read 27315 times)

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: Something to think about.
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »
Thanks DSCSK for resurrecting this old thread.  People also forget too that buzzed driving is still drunk driving.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Something to think about.
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2014, 11:59:04 AM »
Yeah, I am allergic to alcohol too.  Every time I drink it I break out in scars and tattoos!

I am also a retired Cop.  Here in Illinois (USA) we cannot just stop people at random and make them give breath tests.  (We have a funny notion about personal freedom and preventing the government from being able to search or seize our person without probably cause.  We even fought a war and revolted against a tyrant king (England) over this!)

That is why we still do the roadside sobriety tests.  If the subject FAILS one of these tests we then have the probably cause to place him under arrest unless and until he voluntarily gives us his breath.  Here in Illinois the individual has the right to refuse to give us his breathe; but if he refuses, his driver's license is automatically suspended for a year.   (A lot of people do this because it is better to "only" lose your license for a year rather than get a conviction for drunk driving on your record!