Author Topic: Giving Headblade another try  (Read 5974 times)

jusbnme

Re: Giving Headblade another try
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 07:20:54 AM »
I bought a Headblade about 2 or 3 years ago, but wasn't overly impressed with it and only used it once or twice.  I know I probably didn't give it enough time to really get used to it.  I've been thinking about trying it again for a while, so today when I was out I bought some fresh Atra Plus blades and decided to give it a go.

I'm still not impressed.  It did a great job on the top of my head, where I have the least amount of hair, but it was hard to get the back smooth and the sides were a real pain.  What I think I really don't like is the fact that I have to constantly think about which direction to hold it, depending on what part of my head I'm working on.  I guess that will come with more experience. 

I was left with quite a few rough spots that I just couldn't get smooth.  In the end I got frustrated and touched up those areas with the Mach III.  I guess I should try it for a little while longer and see if I can get used to it.  But I don't really think it's going to work out.  Shame, because I really want to like this product

I'm the same way about the HB bro.  I want to like the product so bad because it is a great design.  It really makes holding the product a lot easier than trying to contort your hand with a traditional razor.  But I'm in the same boat as you.  I just can't seem to get a comfortable shave with it.  Well, let me back up...I get a great shave with it if I go with the grain.  No irritation what so ever and I have never gotten one nick with it going with the grain.  That's how I started out using it when I first gave it a shot a while back.  But of course going with the grain you get that stubble we all hate.  So I started trying it against the grain and it messed my head all up.  That's when I got frustrated with it and went back to the Mach 3.  Once I discovered using baby oil under my shaving cream/gel I gave the HB another try against the grain in the shower using baby oil under the HeadSlick.  It still irritated my head pretty bad.  I also couldn't get the back of my head as smooth as I would like with the HB either.  For now I've went back to my Mach 3, using baby oil and HeadSlick against the grain, when I want that real smooth shave.  But if I'm pressed for time, I use the HB with the grain.  Basically I'm bouncing back and forth for now but when all my atra's run out I may just stick with the Mach 3.  I've tried the atras and the sensors...Both irritate against the grain with the HB.  I haven't heard of the tri-flexxx razors.  Where can I pick those up from?  Another things I've noticed is that where you use long strokes with the HB I think that may be what is irritating me when going against the grain with it.  Because I use short, slow strokes with the Mach 3.  I think for me personally it's easier on my dome.  I'm going to try and stick with the HB a while longer because I may just end up going with the grain all the time anyway because it's a much faster process.  Especially if I start the fire department.  I'm not going to have time everyday to spend a lot of time on a shave routine.  Plus going with the grain gives me the least irritation and that's the last thing I want if I'm going to be sweating to death on the job everyday. 

Enter your email address: