Author Topic: Giving Headblade another try  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Giving Headblade another try
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »
I bought a Headblade about 2 or 3 years ago, but wasn't overly impressed with it and only used it once or twice.  I know I probably didn't give it enough time to really get used to it.  I've been thinking about trying it again for a while, so today when I was out I bought some fresh Atra Plus blades and decided to give it a go.

I'm still not impressed.  It did a great job on the top of my head, where I have the least amount of hair, but it was hard to get the back smooth and the sides were a real pain.  What I think I really don't like is the fact that I have to constantly think about which direction to hold it, depending on what part of my head I'm working on.  I guess that will come with more experience. 

I was left with quite a few rough spots that I just couldn't get smooth.  In the end I got frustrated and touched up those areas with the Mach III.  I guess I should try it for a little while longer and see if I can get used to it.  But I don't really think it's going to work out.  Shame, because I really want to like this product

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
Re: Giving Headblade another try
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 01:42:17 PM »
When I first started using Headblade, I didn't like it either. It took me a while to get used to it and now I wouldn't even think about using another razor on my head. Maybe you should try different blades. I mean, there are a few different blades and everyone has their own preference. I love the shave that I get from the Sensor Excel blades. BaldRob is a big fan of the Atra blades. Tyler likes the Personna Tri-Flexxx blades. The point is, everyone's head is different. I would give headblade another shot with some different type blades.

What razor do you usually use to shave your head with?

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 01:44:33 PM »
Oil makes a huge difference Razor. I didn't think it would make a difference, but I love it. So nice and smooth......it's great!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »
When I first started using Headblade, I didn't like it either. It took me a while to get used to it and now I wouldn't even think about using another razor on my head. Maybe you should try different blades. I mean, there are a few different blades and everyone has their own preference. I love the shave that I get from the Sensor Excel blades. BaldRob is a big fan of the Atra blades. Tyler likes the Personna Tri-Flexxx blades. The point is, everyone's head is different. I would give headblade another shot with some different type blades.

I usually use the Mach III.   I will say, though, that the Headblade did a great job right at the -- how should I say this -- the top of the sides of my head.  Does that make sense?  Where the top of the MPB fringe would be.  I can never get that part smooth with the Mach III but the Headblade did the job very well.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:36:53 PM »
Oil makes a huge difference Razor. I didn't think it would make a difference, but I love it. So nice and smooth......it's great!

I may give it a try.  I'm always afraid oil will make me break out.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »

I usually use the Mach III.   I will say, though, that the Headblade did a great job right at the -- how should I say this -- the top of the sides of my head.  Does that make sense?  Where the top of the MPB fringe would be.  I can never get that part smooth with the Mach III but the Headblade did the job very well.

Maybe you should try the Headblade with either the Headblade Triple, Sensor 3, or the Tri-Flexxx blades. Since you are used to a 3 blade razor, you may like the results you get from another triple blade head. Just a thought. :)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 03:32:05 PM »
[quote author=The Funnel Weaver link=topic=1396.msg22131#msg22131

Maybe you should try the Headblade with either the Headblade Triple, Sensor 3, or the Tri-Flexxx blades. Since you are used to a 3 blade razor, you may like the results you get from another triple blade head. Just a thought. :)
[/quote]

Do I have to get an adaptor to use any of those?

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 03:50:51 PM »
Not for the Headblade Trips, but you'll have to use the Sensor adapter for the Sensor 3 and Tri-Flexxx blades. You can e-mail Mac at headblade and he'll send you some adapters for free if you ask for them. One should've came with your headblade though, it's the black one.

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 05:54:53 PM »

Get some shaving oil... like KoS Alpha or Shave Secret.  When I use oil, I always use a little bit of HeadShed after to get rid of any leftover oil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »
Not for the Headblade Trips, but you'll have to use the Sensor adapter for the Sensor 3 and Tri-Flexxx blades. You can e-mail Mac at headblade and he'll send you some adapters for free if you ask for them. One should've came with your headblade though, it's the black one.

I've had my HB for 2 or 3 years, just haven't used it, so nothing came with it.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 06:33:46 PM »

Get some shaving oil... like KoS Alpha or Shave Secret.  When I use oil, I always use a little bit of HeadShed after to get rid of any leftover oil.

I'll give it a try.  I'm going to try and stick with the HB for a week or two -- if I can -- and see if I can get used to it. 

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 06:39:18 PM »

I'll give it a try.  I'm going to try and stick with the HB for a week or two -- if I can -- and see if I can get used to it. 

Biggest thing to remember when using oil is to keep your head wet... either dunk your head under the shower or just throw some water on the area you are about to shave.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »

Biggest thing to remember when using oil is to keep your head wet... either dunk your head under the shower or just throw some water on the area you are about to shave.

And people think this is a low-maintenance hairstyle.   :*))

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Funnel, didn't get adapters with my sport and emailed Mac and they're sending some today. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 11:18:14 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Funnel, didn't get adapters with my sport and emailed Mac and they're sending some today. 

No problem, bro!