Author Topic: Atra razors and HB  (Read 4569 times)

Offline GBORN

• Sly
Atra razors and HB
« on: April 08, 2007, 05:22:38 PM »
Am I correct that Gilette Atra razors will fit Headblade.  My local Walgreens has Headblade Classic but does not carry Headblade razors (go figure  ;))  Plan is to go 'bald by choice' this week.  Today I shaved my head down to stubble.  I am a teacher and will get a lot of looks from kids tomorrow at school.  I'll let the initial shock settle down and then go 100% sly next weekend.  Great forum.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Atra razors and HB
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
Welcome GBORN!!!!

One of the other guys can answer that question about the HeadBlade....I'm a FUSION fan myself.

One of our SLY members, Paul, is a teacher and ROCKS it as a SLY GUY O0

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:59:50 PM »
Hi and welcome GBORN!

You are correct... the Atra Plus (or generic offshoot) fit the HeadBlade Classic and Sport just fine!

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »
Welcome GBORN!  And yeah, what BaldRob said.  That's what I use!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 06:27:42 PM »
It can also use the Sensor Excel blades. It will come the adapter for them. That's what I use, and I LOVE them!

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 06:45:13 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I'll try to get some pics posted within the week.  O0

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
Welcome GBORN.  Just a little side note...  Keeps your eyes open for generic atra blades.  They are much cheaper.  I got 15 for $5.00 at CVS and Walgreens had the same.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »
Welcome Gborn
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 11:39:57 PM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!!  Look forward to seeing your sly pics!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 08:28:06 AM »
Alright, my students were a bit taken back by my new look, as I had a full head of hair.  As I mentioned, I shaved down to stubble.  I ordered my Headblade products on line last night and plan to go 100% SLY soon.  I live in northern Illinois (been very cold), I would like to get a little color on top of my melon before I shave the stubble.  Right now you can see my pasty white head.

Also, I have on little "sharpei dog" roll in the back at the base of my head.  It's like a little head fat, but I am not fat?

<----------------Not me, but what I kind of look like, I'll try to get me up as avatar soon.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 01:56:08 PM »

Also, I have on little "sharpei dog" roll in the back at the base of my head.  It's like a little head fat, but I am not fat?

I wouldn't sweat that, I have the same thing. I really don't know why. I think that I have a lot of extra skin on my head for some reason.

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »
I live in northern Illinois (been very cold), I would like to get a little color on top of my melon before I shave the stubble.

Where in Northern Illinois?  I live in Lake Villa which is a little west of Gurnee...

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 06:02:05 PM »
Welcome GBORN, glad to have another Northern Illinois sly guy on the team!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »

Where in Northern Illinois?  I live in Lake Villa which is a little west of Gurnee...

Sycamore, IL

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 07:59:59 PM »

Sycamore, IL

I'm over in Harvard, but teach at a high school in Lake County
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost