Author Topic: Brave and beautiful woman goes Sly rather than waiting for chemo to do the job!  (Read 3574 times)

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly weight loss master!
  • Sly Jr.

Wow, what a brave lady. Could have just waited for the inevitable and just decided to get rid and sport the Sly look.

If there's one thing telling me I'm a pussy for not going the full measure and going Sly, it's this courageous woman.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Good Morning America's Robin Roberts faced the same issue and was shaved, with a vid on the show.  She then took part in a fashion show sans wig--although she did wear one at times.  These are gutsy people.  Don't beat yourself up, you're just facing your own vanity and ego, these people are dealing with important issues.  

I've always wondered if there wasn't a way for this site to assist and aid people who are facing such problems--I remember on guy who was facing a brain tumor.  It would be a difficult thing to do, but if it could be done in a way that helped such people, I personally think it would be a valuable and wonderful part of the Forum.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:05:24 PM by saintc »

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
Hello again, Saintc.  Another great post from you.  I think I'm ready soon.  I just wanted to lose a load of weight first.  Ah well, time to quit making excuses.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
  I just wanted to lose a load of weight first.  Ah well, time to quit making excuses.

Well as you look around the posts you're going to note a common phenomenon that has occurred with numerous newbies, once they have entered the 30 day trial they yield to an urge to watch what they eat, how much they eat, how and how often they exercise.  You've got the cart before the horse, shave then take care your extra inches.  I think some of the brothers who have had this experience will also chime in.  Plus, most gyms have a very high proportion of guys with mpb that have gone sly--it's part of the look your best thing. 

Now that we've taken care of that excuse are you going to waste time and effort to think up another one, or go trim down to a zero, shower & shave?  You know what you should do, git er done dude.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
I can't access youtube from work, but I'm sure it takes a lot of guts for almost any woman to go sly...

Don't be afraid of the unknown, Vic! Someone may have to do the initial 'hair removal' for you. My wife had to be the one to do it for me when it came time to take the plunge. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.. uh.. myself (lol). Honestly, I never looked back once I got settled with the dome.
I' m not trying to pressure you. I just don't want you to be nervous about trying the sly lifestyle. Like many people say here: It's just hair. It will always come back if you feel the bald look is not for you. We wouldn't be trying to convince you if we weren't so sure there's a good chance you'll love it. O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
Well I was just about to make the excuse that I have work for the next three days and I'll wait until Monday where I have 2 days off, but at the end of the day, people at work are gonna see me with Sly after I do it and keep up with it anyway.

I have one final excuse left and that's that I do have a few spots on my head.  Could end up messy!

Well there's that and I don't own a razor, and just use zero grade on my face and head.

I think I'm gonna do a bit of shopping this weekend. What are the essential tools apart from a razor, and what would be good to put on for shaving and after I'm done shaving to make my skin all better?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Well I was just about to make the excuse that I have work for the next three days and I'll wait until Monday where I have 2 days off, but at the end of the day, people at work are gonna see me with Sly after I do it and keep up with it anyway.

I have one final excuse left and that's that I do have a few spots on my head.  Could end up messy!
Equipment, buy a standard cartridge based razor, Fusion--non power, some Headslick or shaving gel , hydrogen peroxide and Nivea Extreme.  Buzz to zero.  Shower, lather up, SLOWLY shave the stubble off--take your time.  A styptic pencil will also help.  All these supplies are at your local drugstore--pick them up on your way home from work, and I repeat, git er done.   :x! :x! :x!

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
Thanks for the help again, Saintc.  What's a styptic pencil and hydrogen peroxide?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Thanks for the help again, Saintc.  What's a styptic pencil and hydrogen peroxide?
The pencil will be with the shaving stuff--if you get a nick, wet the tip and apply to the spot--stops bleeding.
Hydrogen peroxide w/ first aid, etc.--astringent, dampen a small pad of cotton or similar and wipe down your newly scraped grape to eliminate anything like bacteria that could cause inflammation. 

Offline VictorMackey

• Sly Jr.
Is the hydrogen peroxide what this guy put on his head at the end of this vid?

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=13993.0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Is the hydrogen peroxide what this guy put on his head at the end of this vid?

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=13993.0

I don't think so, I suspect it would be a sunscreen!  So, you like shine?  A lot of guys just have shine naturally--and I have some, not as shiny as Noodles mind you--he's really got a great shine--but some.  I've used sunscreen that does that and it's sort of fun as long as it doesn't get on the furniture or car seat headrest. You won't know what your "shine quotient is until it's done, so, again, git er done and find out.

That kid really needed to get rid of the bleached platinum  blond hair--that was weird looking--and compared to that, anything would be better!