Author Topic: 4HeadWear  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
4HeadWear
« on: October 27, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:46:50 PM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 4HeadWear
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:34:09 PM »
Sounds like a good deal T.

GASlick

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

I gave up on hats and caps when I shaved my head too, for the very reasons you did Tyler. I may just have to give this one a try!

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »
Notice on the video on their page they mention custom embroidery---SBG hats maybe???

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:41:08 PM »
Notice on the video on their page they mention custom embroidery---SBG hats maybe???

^^32  If not for sale, maybe for contest?

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline BrianBradford

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »
I just tried to click on the link and it told me that it isn't active anymore? Is their a newer hat review for slick gents?

Offline thegreatswalmi

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »
found it cached on the net:
I recently received an email from Steve Aronson, a bald guy, that is also the founder of 4HeadWear.  Steve let me know that he had created a more comfortable hat for bald guys and asked that I review it.  While I quickly agreed to try out the hats and review them for Sly Bald Guys, I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical. 

I was skeptical because I've pretty much abandoned baseball caps since I shaved my head.  I found that they just didn't fit right or they were too uncomfortable to wear.  I still would wear one when I golfed as I didn't want to expose my head to the sun for that long, but I would take it off anytime I was in the shade or in he cart.

I received the hats from Steve and was waiting for the next time I golfed to try them out.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen as soon as I would have liked it to, but I had an even better chance to try them out; I was going on vacation to the beach!  It happened to be the PERFECT time to try out the hats as the weather in San Diego went from 100+ degrees to pouring down rain in the week that I was there.  This gave me the opportunity to try out the hat in two different conditions.

Steve sent me two hats, the 4Head Hat and The Bald Guy Hat, to try out.  Both were more comfortable than normal hats, but I liked the feel of The Bald Guy hat a bit better.  Both provided a soft band and soft material that also provided a good form on my head.  Think of the old "bicycle hats" that Andre Agassi used to wear, but softer.

The hats performed great in the sun.  They were black, yet my head was able to breathe better than normal baseball caps and the sweat just wicked away.  I also liked that when I wasn't wearing that hat, it would fold up and easily fit in my backpack or wife's purse and still retain a great shape when I went to wear it again.

One of the really cool features that I found out about the hat is that it is perfect for the rain!  It kept my head dry and then when the sun came out it quickly dried off without that lingering smell of wet wool that some baseball caps have.

My only suggestion to Steve was that I would prefer a "flex fit" type hat so that there isn't a hole in the back that can allow sun in and make for an unsightly tan or burn mark on us head shavers.  I should mention that this didn't happen to me when I wore it in the sun all day, but I was still wearing sunscreen.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hat to all the Sly Bald Guys.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
Thanks TGS!  I've updated the link in the main post.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline thegreatswalmi

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
Thanks TGS!  I've updated the link in the main post.
no problemo