Author Topic: Does anyone use a Shaving Brush for head shaving?  (Read 10005 times)

Offline Baldman

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald and Chargin!
Re: Does anyone use a Shaving Brush for head shaving?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 09:49:11 PM »
Hey we all have to learn sometime, I was a noob at one time and so was everyone else here. And I am a noob compared to everyone else.
-Live Bald and Prosper

Troy

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:04 PM »
I haven't used a brush yet and hadn't even thought about it until reading this thread.  I just get my head wet, lather up with Schick Hydro gel, wait a minute or so, and start my shave.  No problems but my hair isn't very coarse. 

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 06:51:01 PM »
I used a plain army shoe polish brush - not a used one. That would be a disaster. It worked great for me, but I'm a noob so what do I know?

I had to read that twice. ;D  Well at least it was a clean brush. ;D In the army you make do with what you have.LOL.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
I guess the alternative would be to put some polish on the brush and paint my head jet black.  :*))
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 11:40:13 PM »
There's a member here(Happy Harry),who recommended the Nivea shaving cream.
At first,I tried to use it with my hands and only on my face,for the sake of testing,and almost cut my skin off.
I left it alone,as it only cost me a couple of bucks.
Because of your thread,I went yesterday and bought a shaving brush.(quite sure it's synthetic,because of the low price.Maybe it's Bore hair,in the best case)
Man,it's a whole different world!
I've been using the Edge Gel since I ever started shaving,when I was about 16 years old,and this change is a bliss.
My skin feels quite good on my face,and excellent on my scalp.
I didn't cut myself,the HeadBlade unit ran smoother,and got less clogged,and best of all-My skin feels so fresh,and there is no irritation at all!.
I haven't used the HeadBlade Shaving cream yet,but the Nivea with the brush is a winner!
So anxious to get the HeadBlade Shaving cream,but that's another story.
So,to sum it all up-Go for it,Buddy!
Yohai.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:45:26 PM by YohaiM »
If you can't beat them,Shave them.....