Author Topic: Will You Let it Grow Back?  (Read 21169 times)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Will You Let it Grow Back?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 08:04:21 PM »
For some, it is indeed. I would never willingly go back to having to attend daily to a rat's nest on the top of my head. Ascribe "sour grapes" if you will, but that's truly how I feel -- and I'm most certainly not alone.

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
You musta had some jacked up hair.. I never had that much trouble with it... The only guy that I know that shaves a full head of hair, does so because it looks like Art Garfunkel when it grows in.

Hair>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shaved>rocking a Costanza. IMO anyway.

Shaving is marginally  better than MPB but Hair is superior 99% of the time.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »
(and all you smart-alecs out there with Photoshop -- don't even think about it!)

I'm sooooooo thinking about it.  I don't have time until the weekend though.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »

If that's the case, why are you here????

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
The only guy that I know that shaves a full head of hair, does so because it looks like Art Garfunkel when it grows in.
There are many members of this site that can grow a full head of hair, but prefer not to.

You forgot to add "in my opinion".

Someday you may grow enough to realize that there are other completely valid points of view beyond your own.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
Timmer, I'm with you in spirit man O0; I'm just technologically challenged  :Xo! :*))  snicker-snicker  ;)

Bear buddy, if you hadn't mentioned something as outrageously ridiculous as a Bieber-head, I would have never thought to put the hair of a teenager on you!  ::)

I'm not sure I should ever wish that on any adult, let alone a dome with such incredible character as yours.  O:O
Timmer, you'd best tred carefully on any photo shop adventures you might be dreaming up for this weekend... 8)

Oh, and to get back on topic: me, no; not even a thought.  Her: when are going to grow it back?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:12:51 PM by Nonick »

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:23 PM »
I always said I never would but when I was in the whole process of moving and a bad break up plus tons of other stuff that happened I let it grow back out of lazyness. I thought Id give it 2 months at the most. I went 3 weeks and got a bald fade then at 5 weeks it made me completely insane. I couldnt stop itching my scalp, I looked horrible, I had a bad case of little man syndrome, it wasnt me at all so I went and got a barbershop shave. That was a bad experience but now my head is healed up again and I am back to my every other day routine. My current girl asked me if I ever would grow it back, I went into a big rant of why I never would. She pulled the "even if I really really wanted you to?" thing and I flat out said never again. The 5 weeks of hair was the worst 5 weeks of my life.

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
I do not plan to let it grow back. But then, one should never say never. Got a hat for the winter months.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 12:00:27 PM »
I have let it grow back  because I wanted to see how much hair I still have growing - - -I did  it for almost three weeks and I ended with a fringe and a GREAT looking "HORSESHOE" I have little growing on  my dome other than a little "FUZZ"
I was surprised how round and well shaped my "HORSESHOW" was

There were six of us who let the fringe grow  (four were troopers) and they were teased by the other troopers so we all shaved the fringe off  - -none of  us have much on top

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »
True it's my opinion, but lets face it, you're trying to blue sky MPB by saying hair is a hassle,  when it's twice as big of a fiasco shaving

The only guy that I know that shaves a full head of hair, does so because it looks like Art Garfunkel when it grows in.
There are many members of this site that can grow a full head of hair, but prefer not to.

Someday you may grow enough to realize that there are other completely valid points of view beyond your own.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 04:38:46 PM »
you're trying to blue sky MPB by saying hair is a hassle

To me, hair was a hassle and I'm happy to be rid of it. You can in no way refute that. Unless, of course, you're trying to call me out as a liar?

when it's twice as big of a fiasco shaving

So you're saying that shaving is fiasco? On a site devoted to people who love head shaving? Really? Then I must echo schro's question: why on Earth are you here?

There's a word for people like that: troll.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 04:40:56 PM by bootedbear »

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
True it's my opinion, but lets face it, you're trying to blue sky MPB by saying hair is a hassle,  when it's twice as big of a fiasco shaving

Shaving is marginally  better than MPB but Hair is superior 99% of the time.

Who is this bozo? :/O
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:50:49 PM by Rob »

Offline Nick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 06:04:32 PM »
Hell No!  Women find it way too hot.  No way I would go from sly to half moon/landing strip. 

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 07:35:31 PM »
Dude, I'm not a troll, I shave my head every 2 days to stay ahead of the shadow...it's a royal pain in the ass compared to going to the barber once a month.    I never said you were lying, I just think we justify and blue sky things that we cant do anything about.. its perfectly normal.

you're trying to blue sky MPB by saying hair is a hassle

To me, hair was a hassle and I'm happy to be rid of it. You can in no way refute that. Unless, of course, you're trying to call me out as a liar?

when it's twice as big of a fiasco shaving

So you're saying that shaving is fiasco? On a site devoted to people who love head shaving? Really? Then I must echo schro's question: why on Earth are you here?

There's a word for people like that: troll.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »
Dude, I'm not a troll, I shave my head every 2 days to stay ahead of the shadow...it's a royal pain in the ass compared to going to the barber once a month.    I never said you were lying, I just think we justify and blue sky things that we cant do anything about.. its perfectly normal.

Shaving is easy compared to the daily maintenance (washing, conditioning, combing, drying) required between monthly haircuts.

Enter your email address: