Author Topic: how often do you shave?  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
Re: how often do you shave?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
I pretty much shave daily.  I have completed my final laser treatment (6th).  When I started the treatments with about 60% gray hair, I knew that I had no chance of elimating all the dreaded growth.  I will report that everthing that was not gray is now gone.  And as far as stubble, I would just call mine, fine grit sandpaper.  Shaving is a breeze!  I could actually only shave every other day or even on the third day, but I like baby butt smooth.  Personal preference.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 01:24:43 PM »
AS my"natural" hair color is gray, you cant see my stubble very easily
I don't shave because of what is visible, it's what I feel that drives the razor.  I don't like the feel of stubble, I don't like how it grabs my t-shirts, etc.  So, I almost always clean it up everyday, and it's a pleasure to do it.

The stubble bothers me on the day after shaving, it's all uneven and awkwardly right in between smooth and buzzed.  After the second day the stubble isn't bothersome for me.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline werewolfen

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
Every other day, otherwise razor bumps happen with daily shaving for me

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 10:01:49 PM »
i don't think i ever stopped i like BBS on my BBC grape.  O0
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
I rarely skip a day anymore.  I might skip on a Saturday if I'm hanging around the house but I find it hard to go out in public with any stubble on the dome.  My hair is light enough that the shadow/stubble isn't that visible, but I feel a lot cleaner when it's scraped smooth.  And on those rare occasions that I go out without shaving, I usually see somebody with a perfectly smooth, stubble-free dome and feel guilty for not properly maintaining mine.   :-[

Offline IK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 12:34:53 AM »
I rarely skip a day anymore.  I might skip on a Saturday if I'm hanging around the house but I find it hard to go out in public with any stubble on the dome.  My hair is light enough that the shadow/stubble isn't that visible, but I feel a lot cleaner when it's scraped smooth.  And on those rare occasions that I go out without shaving, I usually see somebody with a perfectly smooth, stubble-free dome and feel guilty for not properly maintaining mine.   :-[

Totally agree Razor! Every morning without fail, unless for example like last night, I knew I was going for a night out, so I left it for half the day and shaved it just before I went out. I hated it yesterday - not quite clean.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 02:56:09 PM »
Nothing drives home the fact that you've reached Norwood Stage VI like taking a day off from shaving and realizing that there's no velcro on top. 

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »
Razor took the words right out of my mouth!   ;D  I shave every day!  I love the smooth feel and I enjoy pampering my scalp with the wash and shave.   O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 05:52:16 AM »
Daily here also.....feels almost wrong if I dont get in my daily shave.

GASlick

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 06:21:00 AM »
I shave twice a week usually.  I tend to get a much better shave after a few days.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
I try to shave every other day...but my hair is so thin I can go up to 4 days...

Offline joe mcclaine

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 02:02:47 AM »
Whenever I feel like it, sorry that was as honest as I could make it.

A couple of times a week I'll take it right down to the wood - others I'll just give it a 'with the grain' pass and some days I just won't bother at all.
Vinny (not Joe McClaine - that was just the real name of 1960's Gerry Anderson puppet Joe 90)

Offline novaguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:25 AM »
Joe - that is the way I am now.   Typically once every 2-3 days, but 4-5 days if I am really lazy or busy.  

When I first shaved my head, the stubble drove me crazy so I tried to shave every day, but it irritated my scalp.    Over time, I either refined my technique or my head adjusted and I can shave every day without irritation, but I don't like to shave my head.  

I think I am in the minority when I say that I find shaving to be a hassle.    It's not a time issue, I just don't enjoy it.   I can do one pass with my headblade in 5 minutes.    A second pass takes about another 4-5 minutes.    It takes about another 5 minutes if I want to use my Mach3 or Excel to really get my entire head baby smooth.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:30:45 AM by novaguy »

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »
Everyday except for weekends  O0

Enter your email address: