Author Topic: Is hair becoming optional?  (Read 7351 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Is hair becoming optional?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »

Yeah, I just give him a nod when I see him and then get my zone to workout.  There's a ton of us with shaved heads at the gym and I always wear my shirts there, so hopefully one day he'll get the courage to shave it.

The gym is the one place where I don't feel like I'm in the minority.  Even though the sly look has gained in popularity, there really isn't anyone in my family or circle of friends who is a headshaver.  At the gym, I think there are probably more bald heads than hairy ones.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 01:41:11 PM »
The gym is the one place where I don't feel like I'm in the minority.  Even though the sly look has gained in popularity, there really isn't anyone in my family or circle of friends who is a headshaver.  At the gym, I think there are probably more bald heads than hairy ones.

Funny how the slick look has been adopted by people who are into health...says a lot about the time we currently live...seems not too long ago having a blad head was only equaited with being in sick/ poor health...

it's definately a jock/fitness look now...funny how things change!

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »
I think it's a practicality thing, less to manage.  Hair can get in the way.  Back in high school when I had a ponytail, I used to lift weights on my dad's equipment.  He was doing squats one day, and one of my long hairs was on the bar and got caught in his throat when he inhaled.  He had to put the weights back on the stand while avoiding the urge to cough.  I nearly killed the guy!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 07:23:46 PM »
I think it's a practicality thing, less to manage.  Hair can get in the way.  Back in high school when I had a ponytail, I used to lift weights on my dad's equipment.  He was doing squats one day, and one of my long hairs was on the bar and got caught in his throat when he inhaled.  He had to put the weights back on the stand while avoiding the urge to cough.  I nearly killed the guy!

Yes, it's definitely more practical.  I think another reason you see so many shaved heads at the gym is that once the hair starts to go, a lot of guys realize that they need to get in shape because they can no longer rely on hair to make them look good.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 06:44:43 AM »
Funny how the slick look has been adopted by people who are into health...says a lot about the time we currently live...seems not too long ago having a blad head was only equaited with being in sick/ poor health...

it's definately a jock/fitness look now...funny how things change!

Good observation! ... I think Michael Jordan had something to do with turning that tide.

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 10:05:39 PM »
I had the beginning of the horseshoe as well, but I went ahead and got rid of it before Mother Nature did it all for me. I knew I was destined for slyness when my dad started losing it in his late 20s. I am truly BBC and would not have it any other way!  I just don't know why I waited so long....but better late than never in becoming sly.......