Author Topic: Confront or Not?  (Read 6060 times)

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
Re: Confront or Not?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 10:26:14 AM »
I appreciate the responses.  I'm wondering if I'm just making too much of it.  Although I do not feel that I am doing anything wrong, I do not want to hurt his business.  He is insinuating that I am.  He has also told me that his business has never been as good as it has been the past two weeks.  I guess I'm just confused as to what is really going on.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »
I appreciate the responses.  I'm wondering if I'm just making too much of it.  Although I do not feel that I am doing anything wrong, I do not want to hurt his business.  He is insinuating that I am.  He has also told me that his business has never been as good as it has been the past two weeks.  I guess I'm just confused as to what is really going on.

How are you hurting his business?  Because people don't want to use a land surveyor who shaves his head?  Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 04:19:22 PM »

How are you hurting his business?  Because people don't want to use a land surveyor who shaves his head?  Sorry, I'm not buying it.

I agree, something else is up.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »
slick..do you wear the barbell ear rings to work and out on jobs?
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 07:47:48 PM »
Normally, but not always.  On days that I don't wear them, nothing is different in the way he acts.  The day he met me I had them in.  I guess you could say he interviewed me with them in.  I only have direct dealings with clients about 10% of the time and they are still talking to him, I'm just there to help him.  Kind of like an electricians helper, you deal with the electrician but the helper is there too.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »
try this....give up the ear rings and definetly dont wear them to work,also when out on job sites wear a cap/hat.....let him know that your willing to compromise on your appearance for the sake of your job.....but if you dont care about your job keep wearing them and start looking for another one in the meantime.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 09:25:17 PM »
try this....give up the ear rings and definetly dont wear them to work,also when out on job sites wear a cap/hat.....let him know that your willing to compromise on your appearance for the sake of your job.....but if you dont care about your job keep wearing them and start looking for another one in the meantime.

If he was wearing the earrings when he was hired, then they shouldn't be an issue.  Wearing a cap is a good idea.  That should be an easy enough solution.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »
bust him in his teeth. HARD!!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 04:27:58 PM »
I had told my boss at the time that i wanted to shave my head,

Curious, why did you tell your boss?  It would never occur to me to tell my boss. I just went ahead and did it, it's my head :)

SlickCountry
Play it cool ... I wouldn't do/say anything until you're together and it seems obvious that he has a problem. Then i'd ask him straight out if there is a problem. If he mentions your head then maybe you could talk through the issue.  I'd be as least confrontational as possible unless he starts acting like an a-hole.