Author Topic: After Shave!  (Read 5169 times)

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
Re: After Shave!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 01:02:55 PM »
At the moment, Armani Code on face, Gillette moisturiser on dome.  Yeah: I actually like the aftershave 'burn'! 8)

Didn't know Armani made an aftershave. I'll have to look into acquiring some!
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »
Nothing on my face usually, though some Nivea balm sometimes.. but for the head, I follow up shaving with chilled witch hazel; when that dries after a minute, I use Tend Skin to minimize any razor burn or irritation.  That can burn/sting, but it works well and the sting only lasts a moment. Then the Mederma goes on the scars..
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 12:21:51 AM »
Pinaud is not readily available where I am but I have found a web drug store that stocks it. I'm planning on giving it a try. Been using whatever is available so far. Works fine if you grit your teeth.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
I use after shave only for the face......Like you, I use Pinaud-Clubman!  Love the old fashioned scent.
Clubman Pinaud for me on the face......... au natural on the head.

If you're not using this stuff, you are doing the women that enter your aura a disservice............

I love the scent of Clubman Pinaud. Combine that with the smell of Super Bubble bubble gum and it reminds me of trips to the barber with my beloved grand dad as a child!  O:O

Got a whiff of Clubman Pinaud at the local CVS -- love it! Gonna get me some!
MikeC

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »

Yes indeed, get it at Sally Beauty if you have one where you live. Twice the amount of product for the same price.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »

Yes indeed, get it at Sally Beauty if you have one where you live. Twice the amount of product for the same price.

Yup - there's a Sally's nearby (that's where I get my Hot Six Oil) -- thanks for the tip!
MikeC

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
I picked up some Clubman Pinaud and it's nostalgia in a bottle!  Reminds me of my grandfather (who still has a little more hair than I do).

Speaking of smells, I also got a bottle of witch hazel to try since so many people use it.  Are there different brands/scents of it, or does it all smell pretty much the same?  I'm not usually overly sensitive to smells, but there's something about witch hazel that I just can't get past.  Anyone else have the same experience?

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 02:00:18 PM »
I picked up some Clubman Pinaud and it's nostalgia in a bottle!  Reminds me of my grandfather (who still has a little more hair than I do).

Speaking of smells, I also got a bottle of witch hazel to try since so many people use it.  Are there different brands/scents of it, or does it all smell pretty much the same?  I'm not usually overly sensitive to smells, but there's something about witch hazel that I just can't get past.  Anyone else have the same experience?

Try the Thayer's Witch Hazel.. it comes in rose-scented, as well as lavender (no, really - it's not as girly as it sounds, they both smell nice).  You can find it at a GNC if you have one nearby.
MikeC

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »
The plain jane kind that comes in a generic alcohol looking bottle at drug stores smells like horse piss. It is refreshing though and the smell goes away fast.
When I use it I put aftershave on top of it to get rid of the smell. I have seen on another forum where a poster was using 60% witch hazel combined with 40% of his favorite aftershave.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »
but there's something about witch hazel that I just can't get past.  Anyone else have the same experience?

Hydrogen peroxide has the same effect, but odorless.  Be careful not to get it on colored clothes, towels, etc., it will take the color out.

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
Thanks CraftyGuy, Kojak and Saintc - I'll check around for the Thayer's scented, give the peroxide a go on my next shave and try an aftershave/witch hazel mix after that.  Correction... if you're mixing something with the word "witch" in it, I believe that technically makes the mixture a "concoction" or "potion."  ;-)  The bottle I have does have a rather equine scent....

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 08:25:05 PM »
 Correction... if you're mixing something with the word "witch" in it, I believe that technically makes the mixture a "concoction" or "potion."
O0

Offline markc

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 06:53:05 AM »
i use a couple of drops of tea tree oil on  wet hands and wipe over your head after shaving. nice and cooling and the tea tree is a natural antiseptic so helps with shaving rashes too. give it a go, smell isnt too strong.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »
A little Aveeno on the head and face, work it into the beard.  (Yes, I need an updated pic.)  Throughout the day use Wet Ones (Sensitive Skin) to keep the oil down.  I like Headwipes, but they're too expensive.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Enter your email address: