Author Topic: Outdoors pain  (Read 6826 times)

Offline minqua

• Learning the way of Sly
Outdoors pain
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
Hi guys. I have shaved my head off and on over the past 10 years. Im a avid outdoorsman. I cave i hunt fish explore ect. My problem is I find my head is waay to sensitive to Limbs bumps anything slaping my head. Granted I only stay bald for about 2 months becouse of it.
So my question is will my head become tougher? Anything i can do to make my skin more durable? Any ideas will help.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Outdoors pain
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 03:08:31 PM »
Hi minqua. You mean like growing horny skin on your dome? I don't think so.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »
There've been several posts over the past few years on the phenom of hitting our heads more than we did when we had some hair.  I think those posts sort of reached a consensus that the hairs acted rather like a cat's whiskers and gave us some warning.  Maybe when treking through the woods, some type of protective head gear might be in order.  Shame to cover up, of course, but if it can prevent a nasty scratch--well think about it.

Offline minqua

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »
So my head will stay sensitive? It wont get used to the pain. Im trying to find out on the net {but no luck yet} if there is a way i can get it used to brusing or not so sensitive to things.
Kinda like the martial artist sometimes hit their hand in sand to toughen it up.

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »
Maybe take some vicodin or oxycotin to help numb the pain?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »
So my head will stay sensitive? It wont get used to the pain. Im trying to find out on the net {but no luck yet} if there is a way i can get it used to brusing or not so sensitive to things.
Kinda like the martial artist sometimes hit their hand in sand to toughen it up.

Are you putting us on? :/O :/O  Didn't your mother tell you pain was nature's way of saying, "Stop!"

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »
No he doesn't have to stop, he's gotta do drugs! Then a  :popo will get him!

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »
I don't think there are any martial arts-style techniques you could use to toughen up your head that wouldn't also give you unintended side-effects... like calluses or bruising.  Getting some sun couldn't hurt, and exfoliating might get you used to the sensation of something rough on your head.  I wouldn't expect the skin on your head to get any "tougher" than, say, the skin on the inside-facing part of your arm.  If you're moving through the brush, you would wear long pants and sleeves... a bandanna would probably be a good idea to get some cloth between you and the thicket.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »
I've already bashed my head so many times in the past year that it's been shaven.  I'm 6'3" so the tops of doorways and low-lying tree limbs are not my friend.

The only real way to get the skin on your head tougher is to have it take a beating all over a few times.  Intentional head bashing not recommended.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
Perhaps one day an ingenious person will invent a skin-coloured foam rubber DomeProtector (TM) that snaps to your dome so it still looks natural while being protected.  ;D
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 09:00:42 PM »
Dome Protectors like this? We've got these sexy new designs and look at our luscious three dames who will be presenting our new prototype!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »

Are you for real??   :/O

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 01:41:26 PM »
Dome Protectors like this? We've got these sexy new designs and look at our luscious three dames who will be presenting our new prototype!

Very nice!  ;D

For us demanding sly guys they had to be much more high-tech, though.
Apparently Apple has great success with their iPhone 4 Bumpers.
They should bring out an iDome based on those.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
Maybe you're right Noggin, they need to be simple and chic like a dome made of chrome. Perhaps, instead of a flowery design, it could be a smooth design, but is a platinum color! It will protect agianst anything, even getting stepped on by an angry mob! (Man I really should write a book, my ideas are too good!)

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »
Be careful! Publishing a book with revolutionary ideas like this actually might create an angry mob trying to step on you...
Ach du meine Nase!

Enter your email address: