Author Topic: Back of head? Arrgghhh!  (Read 1730 times)

Offline wetherb67

• Sly Jr.
Back of head? Arrgghhh!
« on: August 29, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »
Hi guys....

Side note before my question.....tomorrow is 30 days!  YEAH!    8) O:O ;D

Now, looking for opinions.

Obviously the top of my head gets baby butt smooth every time.  But the back and sides "horseshoe" area....I can never seem to get it that way no matter how often I go across it both ways.  Don't want to irritate it by doing that.

Anyone else have suggestions for what they do regarding this area?

THANKS guys.  Tomorrow begins 30 days and beyond.  Great to be here.

Qualify to try new brands for free....
http://h5.sml360.com/-/2o9xe

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Back of head? Arrgghhh!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 03:53:57 PM »
The same answer you get to the question, "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?"  Practice, practice, practice.  Thirty days gets you fairly far along the road, but now you're going to find other stuff, gels, creams, etc, new equipment, so that ultimately by trial and error you'll find, as Marcia Ball says, "The right tool for the job."  It will come, try new ideas, look over the routine threads, lots of good stuff in there.  And, most importantly enjoy the freedom, now it's just a quest for perfection. 

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:34:42 PM »
Like saint said its about practice. Some patches on your hair don't grow in the normal wtg/atg pattern. On my sides in  some parts I have to shave up vs. across to get it the smoothest. So on your back you mite want to try some trouble spots going across vs. up/down.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 07:10:59 PM »
Truth is, I want to be perfectly smooth everywhere too but... no matter how close I shave, half way through the day I can feel rough spots.  It's taken me quite a long time to finally realize the obvious... nobody can see it!  Your hair is going to grow so there no sense trying to get perfectly smooth at the expense of risking irritation or worse yet, a cut.

It's hard but I've learned to stop fixating on those problem areas.  I enjoy my shave much more that way.  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 08:05:26 PM »
One trick I read from someone on here was to bow your head forward when shaving the back of your head so that the skin of the scalp is pulled tighter.  That seems to help and might work for you, too.

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 11:16:58 PM »
Congratulations on 30 days.

The only solution I have found is to go against the grain on the second pass. I don't experience any irritation but, of course, that's only my personal experience.