Author Topic: Evil Baldies?  (Read 899 times)

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
Evil Baldies?
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
Hey everyone. I just thought about this, I don't know if any of you thought of this, but do you think in our society bald guys are villainized? The discussions here have made me thinking about all the evil villains are bald. Alot of my references are from video games because I love video games. Some of them are Sigma from Megaman X, Dark Emperor Palamecia from Final Fantasy II, of course Dr. Evil, or even perhaps how Britney Spears was villianized for shaving her head. What are your thoughts? Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
Re: Evil Baldies?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
I think society's villainization of bald men was more prevalent before the past two decades.

Don't want to go into a long explanation so check out the concept of "the Other".  

According to Wikipedia (a very reputable source  :P), "(The Other) has been used in social science to understand the processes by which societies and groups exclude 'Others' whom they want to subordinate or who do not fit into their society ... Othering helps distinguish between home and away, the uncertain or certain. It often involves the demonization and dehumanization of groups, which further justifies attempts to civilize and exploit these 'inferior' others."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:49:40 PM by BillOnBass »
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."