Author Topic: 7ELEVEN  (Read 2220 times)

Baldgoal

7ELEVEN
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »
There is a 7ELEVEN across from my office.  One on the guys that works there has been very complementary about the bald look from the day that I 1st shave.  He is always talking about it.  Today he showed up with a #2 buzz.  I suggested to him that he give the SLY look a try.  Like most guys that are married he thinks his wife will not like it.  I suggested to him to give it a go.  I will keep you updated as to what he does.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: 7ELEVEN
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
Tell him the buzz will grow back all too fast so there's nothing to lose and everything to gain by going Sly!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:34 AM »
Well, in all fairness, he should take into account what his wife thinks. 
After all, mine had talked about cutting her hair short but I didn't like the idea, I just don't think she has the face for short hair.  And I like long hair, especially on women. The longer, the better, IMO.. and she never did cut it short.   Also, I resisted going sly for several years because she was ... not really for it.. until I pointed out that I'm going bald on top anyway, not by choice.. and she eventually agreed that it just made sense.
I'll be honest, if I didn't have MPB, I wouldn't have gone sly. I'd have rock star hair. But, I DO have MPB, so sly is the next best thing!
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »

I'll be honest, if I didn't have MPB, I wouldn't have gone sly. I'd have rock star hair. But, I DO have MPB, so sly is the next best thing!

Ya I agree with you there, if i didn't start losing my hair I pry wouldn't have even thought of taking a razor to my head. I did buzz it short sometimes, but all the hair gone never crossed my mind.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »

Ya I agree with you there, if i didn't start losing my hair I pry wouldn't have even thought of taking a razor to my head. I did buzz it short sometimes, but all the hair gone never crossed my mind.
I'm in the club of people that would not be Sly if not for  the MPB.
My wife looks great with long hair and she grew it out really long for me once and kept it that way for quite some time, but it was a lot of work for her to maintain with blow drying and styling, so she got it cut really short one day. I knew she was getting it cut but was surprised how short she had it cut.
It took some getting used to and I really missed how it looked draped over her chest when she was topless, but at the end of the day it was all good. I know it really cut down on her grooming and blow dryer time.
She is still as beautiful to me with short hair or long hair, so I applied that principle to me. I figure that I am the same person with or without hair too. She didn't react totally positive to me shaving my head, but she has come around since I first shaved it.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline New_Shine

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »
i'm BBC for a few days now so far i love it
Watch as it glistens

Enter your email address: