Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Trimming Your Head/Hair

Clippers - quality, not length

(1/3) > >>

baldguy32:
Did a search, couldn't find anything.

I have been shaving my head with a razor for about a year, not in love with it. I want to go back to using clippers. I'm not concerned with having them shave extremely close to mimic a razor shave (or else I'd just keep using a razor) but I want to buy a pair that are very durable, a good value, and preferably can be used without a cord (i.e. can be charged -- this is not a requirement though). I'd be using them 2x a week or so.

In other words, I'm looking for the best quality clippers to use for keeping stubble, not necessarily the ones that cut the closest to the scalp.

Thanks guys.

Tyler:
baldguy32, welcome to Sly Bald Guys.  I recommend the Adis line of clippers.  They are "professional" grade and are very durable.

Here's a link to the clippers that I used: Andis Clippers

Razor X:
After I'd been shaving my head for about a year, I was starting to get tired of shaving every day and decided to use the clippers instead of the blade for a while.  I quickly found that maintaining a clipper shave was bigger chore than shaving with a razor.  For one thing, there was all the hair that had to be cleaned up afterwards.  And every time I put the clippers away, I'd always find another spot that I'd missed; it's harder than you think to keep all your hair evenly buzzed at such a short length.  And then 2 or 3 days later it would all have to be done again.  The experiment didn't last very long and I was quickly back to using the lather and razor.

Instead of using the clippers, I think it would be much easier to just keep shaving with the blade, but only do it 2 or 3 times a week, if you want to sport some stubble. 

JMO.

Sgt. Pate:
Before you give up on shaving have you tried a HeadBlade yet?  It's quick and easy, you can even shave in the shower.  I don't even need a mirror.   O0

www.headblade.com

Tom McGarry.:

--- Quote from: Sgt. Pate on April 02, 2007, 08:07:11 PM ---Before you give up on shaving have you tried a HeadBlade yet?  It's quick and easy, you can even shave in the shower.  I don't even need a mirror.   O0

www.headblade.com

--- End quote ---
FYI  they also have a very good cordless set of clippers called Head Fade. O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version