Poll

Is your face Sly too.

Sly head and Sly face
30 (22.7%)
Sly head and Hairy face
102 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: Poll: I'm Sly and I have a Beard / I'm Sly and so is my Face  (Read 32228 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Poll: I'm Sly and I have a Beard / I'm Sly and so is my Face
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 10:53:27 PM »

I know how you feel, I had a really important doctors appointment on Monday and I figured I should look good because it wad my first time having an appointment with this doctor. I had a good 9-10 day beard going (longest I've gone without shaving since I began 3 years ago) and the doctors appointment was so laid back and the doctor was really nice. I'm still frustrated with myself for shaving, I almost had a faint glimmer of a goatee going on.

Why would the doctor care if you shaved or not?

BaldBradley

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 11:30:47 PM »

I know how you feel, I had a really important doctors appointment on Monday and I figured I should look good because it wad my first time having an appointment with this doctor. I had a good 9-10 day beard going (longest I've gone without shaving since I began 3 years ago) and the doctors appointment was so laid back and the doctor was really nice. I'm still frustrated with myself for shaving, I almost had a faint glimmer of a goatee going on.

It was my first time meeting this doctor and I wanted to make a good first impression. I hadn't shaved my face in over a week, I had my head shaved and I didn't know how to have a full beard with a shaved head. I tried trimming it down to a goatee, but it was a failed attempt IMO ( http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/BaldBradley/downloadfile.jpg ). I'm the only guy in my immediate family so I don't have someone to turn to for advice or pointers. The main reason I came back to this site (I left for awhile) was that people on here are always nice and are willing to share advice and share tips.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2010, 03:20:26 PM »
Cheer up, it's not that bad. 8)
You just need to develop more patience.
And more facial hair, too. ;D
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »

It was my first time meeting this doctor and I wanted to make a good first impression. I hadn't shaved my face in over a week, I had my head shaved and I didn't know how to have a full beard with a shaved head. I tried trimming it down to a goatee, but it was a failed attempt IMO ( http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/BaldBradley/downloadfile.jpg ). I'm the only guy in my immediate family so I don't have someone to turn to for advice or pointers. The main reason I came back to this site (I left for awhile) was that people on here are always nice and are willing to share advice and share tips.

Here's some advice:  don't worry so much about what a stranger -- like this doctor -- thinks about your appearance.   Chances are he would not give it any thought at all.  And what does his opinion really matter anyway?  Do what makes you happy.

Offline eric79

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »
Im military and just shave both.

Eric79

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Re: Poll: I'm Sly and I have a Beard / I'm Sly and so is my Face
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 10:22:06 AM »
Im military and just shave both.

Eric79
This ^^^^ 8)

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
Both look great !  Many do not have facial hair , and others do.  To me it is who wears it and what they desire.  Not keeping up with who has what.  Because when you are SLY it is all good.   O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »
On a lark, I had ditched the facial hair a few months back.  Sly and clean-shaven was not a good look for me at all, so the face fur is back!
MikeC

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 06:27:21 PM »
It's interesting that so many bald guys ( BBC and BBN ) choose to sport the facial hair by a large percentage!

Gotta love a beard.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2013, 06:29:28 PM »
It's interesting that so many bald guys ( BBC and BBN ) choose to sport the facial hair by a large percentage!

Gotta love a beard.

I was thinking the same thing, B&B is a great look, so I can understand why. That and over the past few years facial hair is becoming more popular in society, just like head shaving.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »
Today was one of those days. LOL it seemed my stash was just not doing the right thing.  Told it to lay down, it stood up.  And it went on.  So after along time I decided to shave it off.   O0  After I replaced the mirror as it broke due to shock.  The new one added 10 years to my weathered face.  I have to say it feels good  :)  It is funny when you are younger you want to look older, which facial hair does.  And when you get older you would like to look younger. 

It is funny sometimes men are just as bad as women in needing a change.  Growing back the hair on top of my old noggen is never going to happen .  But it is another day , see what tomorrow brings !  ;D
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
I've been growing what I can since I was 17-18. Before I had shaved my head. I haven't had any regrets about shaving my head, but I instantly regretted it after I shaved what mustache I had off. Felt like a little kid with just a goatee. Hair belongs on a man's face more than it does on the head.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »
I always have some sort of hair on my face. ;D

Same here even though I dislike my facial hair, haha. I shave of course, but my hair grows back fast.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2016, 02:25:13 AM »
I'm not bald! I have plenty of hair on my head just not on the top! :D
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2016, 07:43:15 AM »
I say to each their own w8th regards to facial hair, weather sly or not. Ive always kept my face clean shaven myself, although i did try growing a goatee notlong after becoming bbc sly guy. Got far enough to where you could just begin to see how it would look on me, and didnt like it, so off it came. But to me as long as a guy carries his look with confidence, he looks good regardless of if he is sly or not, has facial hair or not, with a few exceptions. Like i hate it when guys choose to go with full on horseshoe look. Shave it off, please. Horseshoe look just doesnt look good on anybody. Long beards are also not such a good look on most guys, although some can pull it off pretty well. But otherwise a guys hair choices dont have much to do with my opinion of his looks.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Enter your email address: