Author Topic: Another take on an a previous question  (Read 5205 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: Another take on an a previous question
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 01:48:11 AM »
You look great bro I think you need to stop beating your self up because if you don't love yourself than how is anyone else spose to?
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
Go to the gym. Working out will do you some good as an image booster. I'm not suggesting that you are over weight or that your body is flabby, I can't tell by the picture either way. I'm just saying that most people have a more positive outlook on their physical appearance when they exercise routinely or on a daily basis.   
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »
Go to the gym. Working out will do you some good as an image booster. I'm not suggesting that you are over weight or that your body is flabby, I can't tell by the picture either way. I'm just saying that most people have a more positive outlook on their physical appearance when they exercise routinely or on a daily basis.   

great point  O0
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »
There are plenty of folks out there that will be happy to put you down, so don't help them out any.  You look like a good fellow with a fine shaved head.  Take it from one who spent way too much of their life worried about other's opinions, enjoy yourself.  If you can't pull yourself out of this feeling, seek some professional help.  I don't worry about the folks that  go to the therapist, its the ones that need help and refuse to get it that concern me.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »
Man if my ugly mug can find a woman, anyone can find a mate.  In previous post I assume that you are a man of faith.  God has a plan for you.  Be patient.  Don't change because you aren't in a relationship.  You are who you are and someone will love you because of it.

Offline bubbadave3

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »
Guys as most of you know I have a self image problem when I look in the mirror I see an ugly guy staring back,  please again I ask you for the second time, analyze my face how do I look.   I do not need insincere compliments I want a real assesment.  Because quite frankly I have been striking out with the ladies and I feel that if I looked better I would have better experiences with the ladies, I am 36 by the way.  Please offer your candid and truthful analysis.

Thank you

Fred

You're not ugly.
Attitude is everything!

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »
Do you have to keep the goatee? Women aren't nearly as focused on your physical appearance as you might think. Just keep swinging Brother!

My wife was looking over my shoulder and wanted to weigh in as well. Her advice was to make sure you're not being too pushy with the ladies. Most of all be respectful.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »
Your looks are fine man.  But it seems your confidence must be built up.  It is built in small and big steps. 
Sometimes a sports victory, a good day at work, or an event builds up your confidence in a big way;
sometimes it's built up over time by dedicating yourself to a hobby, educational goal or project. 

But if you don't have it, women know; they don't read it in a textbook or magazine, they can sense it through millennia of evolution. 

I don't know what will do it for you, but here's what makes me feel good and confident.  Going to the gym, hearing a great rock show, excelling at work and finishing a big project or helping someone in need.  Spending time with friends and family (if you get along with them!!). 

Let your happiness and confidence show (but don't be a jerk!), this will make you seem like you could have her, but don't need her.  It makes you sit up straighter and look people in the eye while giving a genuine smile. 

One friend gave sage wisdom when he said, "Just don't talk more than necessary and exude confidence." 
Women like to hear about themselves, find a subject that she can just go to town on and she will feel comfortable. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »
One thing I've come to realize somewhat recently is, looks really aren't as important to women as they are to men. They simply don't think in the same terms as us. Confidence, being interesting, humorous, and charming (and good hygiene!) are what attract women.
IOW, it's how you make them feel, not what you look like like, so much.

Let me introduce you to the PUA community, you might learn a lot from these guys!
www.stylelife.com
Also, go pick up the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss.

Not that looks don't count at all, but they're just not as high up the scale as you would think.  So long as you project that you are a guy who takes care of himself, and cares about his image, you're good to go.  Dress well, keep yourself groomed, and be mature, while keeping it fun. That's the key.
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Timbo1941

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »
This is helpful to read. I'm taking the Big Step next week and my hair will be gone by next Friday night. I don't know how women will see my new identity (the unspoken question for me). My ex said it wouldn't matter - but these days she doesn't really care one way or the other about what I do.  ;D 

So these posts are a big help.

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »
Bear got it right. You need to see yourself in a better light. You have asked for opinions and from what I can see there are a couple of pages of very positive comments. Believe them and be confident about who you are.  O0

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
well what can i say that has not already been beating into submission. For me and possibly you what i did was to simple sit in front of said mirror and love the person i am before worrying about what others see me to be. stop seeing what other might see and show what you want others to know. as it has been said "Confidence" make that your morning mantra. Make it a part of you always not just when your trying to pick up that ladies. Be you but also let them tell you who they are. A good ear goes a long way towards finding common ground. if you can't naturally find the common things don't force it and Don't expect it either.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Enter your email address: