Author Topic: Should I be doing more?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Should I be doing more?
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
When I read through these forums I noticed pretty much all of you have different products you use after and before your shave. However all I do is put some water on my head lightly to prick up the hairs and than put some shaving creame on and use my mach 3 razor and shave and than usualy shower afterwards. Is there more I should be doing? An do these products make a difference?

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

jrppsuobx

Re: Should I be doing more?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:43:59 AM »
Should you do more??  Thats up to you!! I just shave in the hot shower with a gillete razor and then scrub with an acne scrub cleanser. Keep it simple if it works!!!!!

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »
kenny...if you're getting a nice and irritation free shave doing things that way, then keep it up, buddy.

all you should be doing is whatever it takes you make headshaving work for you. so if your quick and simple routine works, all the more power to you, mate  O0

Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »
In the last year I have used many products and razors and shaved at the sink and in the shower - - -You must try all the different ways and what works best for you  - - -Keep it

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
You should do what makes you feel good.
Trying out some products can be fun though.
For me, using a scrub before shaving is giving me a better shave and longer lasting smoothness.
And a nice after shave balm makes for a great sly feeling.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
In my opinion (I'm a disciple of Thoreau; to say nothing of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe) the best way is with the philosophy of "Less is more."

I say, over and over (do I?) on this forum, that head shaving is NOT COMPLICATED.  Almost any razor will do.  Pick one, OK?  Almost any prepping will be OK.  Take a shower and soak and soap the dome while cleansing the other bits.  Lather up with whatever you want to use; I go cheap.  Shave away.  It's not as if you are tasked with splitting a diamond and any error will be a catastrophe.  It's just hair, for God's sake!  If you are not happy with the result, try something else tomorrow.  Few, if any, folks will look at your dome and say to themselves, "OMG!  What a lousy head shave!"

Don't over-analyze!

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 03:07:08 PM »
Sly Bald Guys mandates that you spend at least 3.2 minutes exfoliating, 5.4 minutes shaving with a group approved razor shaving cream combo and use a SBGA approved aftershave.  If you do that you will be fine  :popo

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »
Dude.....your life, your head, your choice.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 12:08:55 AM »
I do have to admit that I seem to get a better shave with a nice hot shower before the shave. May soften the hair up more for you than just splashing some water on your head. Try it and see!  O0

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
 ;D Whatever works for you.... I would, however, suggest that you shower first, then shave. Hot water causes the hair to soften, enabling a better response to the blade. The hotter the shower, the better. Give it a try and let us know your experience. Prof. Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 01:39:35 AM »
Alrite ill try that out tomorrow when I shave.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.