Author Topic: Clipper Recommendations?  (Read 27868 times)

Offline 1000

• Crazy Bald Guy!
  • Sly Guy in Training
Re: Clipper Recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
I had a few brands Wahl, Andis and a couple of others that I got from Wallyworld. Then I bought a headfade sport from headblade(it's made by Wahl). I got the closest and easiest buzz from this one. I still have it but only use it for my gotee because I swithched to a razor. I would highly reccomend it. Being cordless and small it is very easy to use.
God Bless our Men and Women serving in the United States Armed Forces.

Offline G8

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 05:13:32 AM »
I have Wahl Balding Clippers, I'd have to agree they are a bit bulky but they do get the job done.  :)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 06:01:22 AM »
I have Wahl Balding Clippers, I'd have to agree they are a bit bulky but they do get the job done.  :)

I have used them also and they do a really good job.

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »
Then I bought a headfade sport from headblade(it's made by Wahl). I got the closest and easiest buzz from this one. I still have it but only use it for my gotee because I swithched to a razor. I would highly reccomend it. Being cordless and small it is very easy to use.

I suspect this is a  relabeled Wahl Lithium Ion All-in-One clipper.  The main clipper looks just like the HB.  Given that HB says it's made by Wahl, this must be very very similar at any rate.   The Wahl unit is cheaper, but the HB carry case is good to have. (If they were close in price, I'd go with HB just to support them.)

Offline E

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »
I also like the Wahl Balding Clippers.  Set at the zero level, with no guard, they really buzz it down nice.  They are a bit bulky/heavy, but I actually like the additional control that gave me.  Unfortunately, when I moved to Poland, the change in voltage (110 --> 220) didn't agree with them. 

Now I use the Remington HC600 cordless (without the guard).  Not as good, but OK.  Cordless is nice because I can stand in the shower and not worry about getting clippings everywhere.  On the flip side, cordless usually means less power after a use or two.  Less power equals more going over the same spots time and again and more irritation.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »
It sounds easier if you just shave with a good razor   - - - I have never used  clippers  - -I like my dome real smooth  - -Love the feel

stemikger

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »
For fear of contradicting myself, I now realize I was wrong.  In another post I was saying how my clipper wasn't getting the job done, but I realized I was using the shortest guard.  If you want a shadow look (not shiney) cut, I really like the Remington Shortcut.  However, if you want a crew cut with the guard, I don't recommend them.  Without the guard they work great, but for some reason with the guard, I find I can't get an even cut.

http://www.remington-products.com/grooming/hc_scc-100R.htm

Offline Father Pat

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:21 PM »
I use the remington shortcut too, or I did until I started shaving.  Love it.  It worked really well for me using the shorter guard (the balding guard).  I started at the highest setting and moved my way down, now I'm shaving ... go figure!  I find the shortcut really easy to use, it's great without the guard, and it even does a nice job on my goatee.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »
I haven't used them yet but based on several recommendations here I recently purchased the Wahl Balding Clippers. I got mine at Sally Beauty Supply for $47. They come with a 60 day return policy. The manager told me that if I don't like them I can return them within 60 days (with the receipt).

I'm going to try them out this weekend.

Best of all....they are Made in USA.
TheBBQGuy

stemikger

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »
Posted by the bbqguy
I haven't used them yet but based on several recommendations here I recently purchased the Wahl Balding Clippers. I got mine at Sally Beauty Supply for $47. They come with a 60 day return policy. The manager told me that if I don't like them I can return them within 60 days (with the receipt).

I'm going to try them out this weekend.

Best of all....they are Made in USA.

Would love to hear how you like these.  I'm thinking about buying them very soon.

Thanks.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »
Tried out the Wahl Balding Clippers today. Used the 3/16 guard to get the feel of them. They worked well. No burns, nicks, cuts, etc. I'm very happy with my purchase.

And....best of all, they're made in the U.S.A.
TheBBQGuy

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »
Tried out the Wahl Balding Clippers today. Used the 3/16 guard to get the feel of them. They worked well. No burns, nicks, cuts, etc. I'm very happy with my purchase.

And....best of all, they're made in the U.S.A.
Now, go for the gold, the blade--you'll never believe how nice & smooth it can be. O:O

stemikger

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 03:45:49 AM »
My Remington shortcut died and I was about to purchase the Headblade or the Whal Balding Clipper but found the Conair Cleanhead instead.  It works great and now I am a real life sly guy, not just a crew cut wanna be.  It shaves me as close as a blade without the cuts and irritation.

Here is the link if you are interested.  Another sly guy here gave an excellent review and it was very accurate.

www.Iknowheads.com
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:47:20 AM by stemikger »

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 06:29:59 PM »
TheBBQGuy

thebaldguy84

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 01:06:25 PM »
Just found a sale on the Conair Cleanhead at CVS...

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=727901&productId=727901&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing

I used the Wahl Balding Clipper ($47 at Sally Beauty Supply) last night, for the first time. It was awkward to do by myself and took twice as long as shaving, but I am happy with the cut. Leaves a nice shadow on the dome. I'm finding that I like that little shadow more than "sly."

Enter your email address: