Author Topic: Finally, I'm bald!  (Read 5131 times)

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
Re: Finally, I'm bald!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 06:36:07 AM »
I used the headblade for my first time...and every time since......no cuts yet!!  Just take your time...and like mentioned above...no extra pressure.....let the tool do its work!  You look good man....it suits you.  O0

Offline Nick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 07:36:31 AM »
Dude, you look awesome.  A couple things: The headblade is awesome.  Once you get used to it, there is no better alternative.  It's going to take a very long time before the paleness of the dome catches up with that face, but it'll look better and better everyday.  Make sure to give it a full 30 days.  You're going to love it. 

Offline Nick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 07:38:33 AM »
I forgot to mention that women love it.  They absolutely do.   :*))  And your family will come around. 

Offline 666pluto

• I'm Bald BABY!!!
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 04:30:08 PM »
Well, sign me in as a HB hater, what a sh*tty experience  :'(
I feel like my head is on fire, so many nips cuts razor burns and what ever! I know it's my first use, but i watched so many guides on it, think i got the basic stuff. don't pressure the blade, don't do it to slow yet not so fast, with the grain etc. I'm sure it could improve when i learn it's proper technic, but I'm actually afraid to use it again! with the Gillette fusion it took way longer, wasn't as smooth, not so comfortable with the hand, yet it did the job and i felt really good after the shave, while know i really feel bad! hope it won't look worse in the morning and everything heals quickly.
Not sure at the moment if i should give the HB another try, to bad for the wasted money, i will even switch to mach3 to make things cheaper, but i prefer to avoid this experience again.

Small EDIT:
After i calmed down a bit, i think i realized the mistake i have done which caused all this cuts. I didn't apply pressure on the blade itself, yet many times i also didn't apply pressure on the back of the HB making it rise from my head, which i read will make the blade go right to my skin. does it make any sense?
also let my family inspect my head, all got impressed on how smooth it is.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:58:41 PM by 666pluto »

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 06:46:50 PM »
hehe i can see my old picture in your post. welcome aboard! you look good sly
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 07:20:23 AM »
There is a learning curve with the HB.  It took me a while before I was completely comfortable with it.  I use headslick and don't have problems with nicks, bumps, or razor burn.   I've tried the other razors but just can't get the close shave that the HB gives me.   And thanks to others - I've switched to a new disposable blade that fits the HB and am getting the closest shave ever.

Warhawk and others have posted reviews of other razors.   Key is finding something that works and sticking with it.