Author Topic: Gym Today - Baldest Day EVER!  (Read 2887 times)

Offline baldsurfer

• Sly Jr.
Gym Today - Baldest Day EVER!
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »
I went to the gym this morning and when I got there, I saw the usual sly guys - about 1 out of 5 guys in the gym, including 2 of the personal trainers. But as the session went along, it seemed like every guy who walked in the door had a clean shaven dome. At one point, there were over a dozen sly guys in the room, many obviously had full heads of hair but were BBC. And quite a few were huge guys who appeared to shave every visible hair except their eyebrows.

The gym always has a higher than normal percentage of sly guys, but today was an exceptional bald turn out. Anybody else notice that their gym has more than its fair share of sly guys?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Gym Today - Baldest Day EVER!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »
That's what happens at my place--this morning at 5a there were four in the free weight area,  then another couple on my way out as they were coming in.  It's sort of a chicken and egg situation for some guys, they clean up the dying mop, it looks good so they decide to trim down the gut, tone up the body.  For guys that already go to the gym, when mpb appears they deal with it "head on" and take it off because they are conditioned to looking their best.  Even with that, there are a couple of horseshoes and combovers but generally they are the older or stogy sorts.  It always makes me wonder  :/O :/O :/O how they can go out in public, to a gym in particular generally places with lots of mirrors and see themselves looking so pathetic.  Go figure.  It makes a guy look older, tired, less confident--why would they do it?  But then, I did it for years--and I can't believe it took me so long to face the fact it had to go, maybe 10-15 years.  Oh well, this old dog learned his lesson, and others seem to be more and more ready and able to grab the razor when it's necessary. 

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 11:17:36 AM »
I'm the only bald guy at my gym that I know of  :P

Granted, I live in a small town and there are usually very few people there at any given time.  BUT, this is the gym that most of our city police and sheriffs go to, men known for being predominantly sly or some closecut variant... weird.

"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »
I'll usually see about 20-30 guys at the gym I go to in the mornings and there are usually only 2-3 domers in the group.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »

Anybody else notice that their gym has more than its fair share of sly guys?

Definitely.  A few possible reasons:

1.  Once the hair is history, guys have to work on improving aspects of their appearance that are somewhat within their control
2.  The body builder types like it because it makes them look tougher
3.  When you're working out hard and working up a real sweat, it's much easier and more comfortable if you don't have any hair