Author Topic: My Testimonial  (Read 4342 times)

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
My Testimonial
« on: August 13, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »
I was afraid to write about this, but Kenny encouraged me to write about this topic about a problem I've been dealing with for at least 5 years if not more. Like some of you, I've suffered from dermatitis on my head. This would happen during the summer or times when the weather changed (cold to warm), (dry to damp). These red itchy pimples would pop up and itch like hell. I've always try to avoid warm situations such as working out or running because of how it will make my head angry. In a way, I nicknamed it 'the archfiend' because no matter what I'd do, it'd always come back. I've seen several dermatologists and they pretty much laughed at me, and made me feel like I was crazy because I didn't have anything. The pills and everything they gave me never had any effect, or even if they did help, the dermatologist would just take me off the stuff that was working without telling me why. They say it's inherited but no one in my family has it. I really had given up hope and my head kept on hurting SO much. My scalp was in so much pain that sometimes it would hurt to sleep.

I was thinking of shaving my head anyways, and I found this site. I saw progress of guys who are able to clean up their scalps, and it made me think of something---why not shave my head? What was really the worst I could lose? Some hair for a while that would grow back? I was also scared how bad the dermatitis would look once everyone could see it. I think I was more concerned than how my head was shaped.

For many reasons, I decided to shave my head. Mainly the dermatitis, and I was having self esteem issues. My roommates were calling me fat (I'm only 135lbs), and telling me that I needed to have my hair long, and just telling me how to live my life. In a way, I've always wanted to shave my head, and it was a way for me to take control of my life.

Anyways, I shaved my head, and at first my head was more angry than ever. However, my head didn't itch the way it used to which was a huge relief. I did see how dirty my head was with hair, and I washed it almost everyday! However, the 'archfiend' has become weaker and weaker. At first my head was so bumpy, angry and I was very embarrassed about it. But after 5 days my head has become much smoother and shaving is much more pleasant. This was all due to the advice I got on this forum about using astringent, bald guyz moisturizing gel, 10% cortizone, and hydrogen peroxide which it seems my head responds best to witch hazel.  My head doesn't look like a failed red blotch painting. Not only that, my head feels so great and clean! I think shaving my head was one of the best decisions I've made, my head hasn't felt relief like this in years. I wish the dermatologists would have recommended this instead of all the drugs. So for the fencers and lurkers, this is my testimonial.

Hair is merely hair, but feeling good is what counts! Though you wouldn't believe all the compliments I've gotten about my shaved head!

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: My Testimonial
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:22:36 AM »
It's great to see that shaving your head has more benefits than just "curing" MPB.  O0 Plus you look great sly so I'm sure it wont be the last of the compliments!
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:29:47 AM »
i have to join him in his testimonial so far going sly has taken care of the itchy fiend flacks and such are no bother now if i had any they just get scarped off when i cleaned my grape.

like him it took a few days for my head to adjust but i don't plan to grow my hair back any time soon. got self a good blade or two,oil, cream. next will be a brush and such but that's another story.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:40 PM »
I got a nice little head scrub sponge thing I use after I shave along with my nuetrogena anti acne soap which has helped alot. It's a beautiful green color. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had skin problems like that on my head. I don't know if I'll stay shaved for good or if the acne will come back if I grew my hair out. I do like all the compliments that I got. In fact, yesterday my boss told me she loved how I looked with a shaved head. She told me that she didn't think that everyone can rock the bald look, and I even got called a basketball player too even though I'm not fit enough to be a basketball player.

It's strange, I feel much more attractive without hair. I would always worry about my cowlick, and always battle it to lay down. Now that it's gone, I don't have to worry about it. I love waking up and having perfect hair every day. I mainly enjoy the relief I feel on my head now that it's gone for the most part.

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:54:15 PM »
my issue always came back with hair so it's Sly for me for life most likely.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
I've never read anything in this forum if dermatitis comes back with the hair growth. I have like 3 day stubble growing on my head and it's not getting angry. I want to continue to have the shaved look for the rest of the 30 days though especially if the shaving for me gets easier and quicker without the bumps.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
Ah... a story with a happy ending!  What more could you ask for?   :@`

That's really cool Kev!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »
Thank you sgt pate, I'm really glad people like this story. I just don't want other people to have to go through the pain I went through.

Though my pain was much different than the people with mpb who feel they are less attractive because of their genes. Mine was physical pain, almost torture on hot summer days like this. I felt like staying inside and not doing anything hot like excercising which is good for me. I'm really wanting to join a gym soon.

I just hope that this post will help someone else out who has had the same problems.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
I think your post will certainly help others.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »
kev i can attest to it getting easier i shave once a day and each day it is easier and faster for me. a couple things i have done to help the bumps is a warm/ Hot scrub plenty of shave secret rubbed in and a nice later over top. shave with a blade that don't pull the hair or new. cold rinse a ice cub followed by ice and aloe and such lotions rubbed in and residue wiped off. 
"Just Do it" Nike

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
What do you mean by scrub? Like is that some sorta soap? What is shave secret? Like cold rinse with the shower water? Sounds painfully cold!