Author Topic: Beer Lovers  (Read 60680 times)

Offline texanron

• Sly
Re: Beer Lovers
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:18 AM »
Gotta admit, when I was in New Orleans, I tried Abita and it was very, very good.
Yuengling black & tan is outstanding also.

I like most beers, but am partial to Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, and Red Hook IPA.

I picked up some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale this weekend and loved it. Nice call Bro!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 01:53:48 AM »
Stella Artois.

It has a nickname here - wife beater!

That's cos all the guys get tanked on it and beat their wives  :/O
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
I prefer German pilsners (surprise!), like Wernesgrüner or Radeberger.
Ahh, the taste of my childhood...  `Dr!n#
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »
New Glarus(from Wisconsin)...Spotted Cow and Totally Naked beers rock!!!

But, my new beer of choice is an import from Belgium...Hoegaarden(Who-Gar-Den)... O0

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »
Everyday brew?  Ballantine Ale ("Flavor, Body, Purity"), but I'll admit it does not seem as flavorful as it did twenty years ago, but that might be me and not it.

Others?  I'm not that adventurous (read: "not profligate with money on hyper-pricey boutique brews"), but find products from Saranac and Sam Adams quite OK--not every flavor, as some are ghastly fruit-infused ones, I being fairly much an IPA fan.  We have a satisfactory local brewer called "Blue Point."

As to Yeungling, well, I recently tried their "Black and Tan" and found it thin and flavorless.

The widespread popularity of things like Budweiser and "light" incarnations of anything amazes me.  There is something wrong with the taste buds of much of the country.  What's that they call these "beers"...  "wet air" isn't it?

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 07:35:26 AM »
Gotta admit, when I was in New Orleans, I tried Abita and it was very, very good.
Yuengling black & tan is outstanding also.

I like most beers, but am partial to Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, and Red Hook IPA.

I picked up some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale this weekend and loved it. Nice call Bro!

Yeah, Sierra is a good brew.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 03:36:55 PM »
I tried some Sam Adams Summer Ale over the weekend. Good Stuff.

keginthecloset

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 11:31:32 AM »
Usually stick to the basics....bud light or coors light. Enjoy a good corona in the summer every now and then too.

Need to try others though. Always intend to when i'm at the store but I can never decide what to get.

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »
Just finished mowing, push mow, the bride gets the rider, and this can of KEYSTONE LIGHT is darn good.  Basics?   How more basic can ya get?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

HoodooMan

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 04:17:17 PM »
any beer that gets me drunk, I will drink. so therefore, all of them.

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »
I live here in Seattle in one of the best craft brewery sectors of the entire country. I just returned home from the Oregon Brew Fest in Portland, OR - one of the biggest and best craft brewery celebrations around.

The Yakima Valley/Cascade region provides 30% of the worlds hops (used all over the world - in breweries near and far!) So I couldn't taste fresher beer on a daily basis.

So I drink ONLY craft local microbrews - none of that B.S mass produced light beer stuff (ahh college) that are completely stripped of nutritional and all flavor qualities! (yes, nutritional)

Check out Oregon Brew Fest if you are ever in the area. Always the last weekend of JULY!
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 06:37:06 AM »
Very fussy about beers - nothing too hoppy (I don't like that bitter taste).   My current faves are Wachusett blueberry (Wachusett a a local microbrewery out of Westminster, MA), and Sam Adams Summer Ale (which is a still a bit bitter but has a hint of lemon in it, so that's forgivable).

I don't do stouts (waaay too strong and heavy IMO).
MikeC

Offline bubbadave3

• Sly
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
I live here in Seattle in one of the best craft brewery sectors of the entire country. I just returned home from the Oregon Brew Fest in Portland, OR - one of the biggest and best craft brewery celebrations around.

The Yakima Valley/Cascade region provides 30% of the worlds hops (used all over the world - in breweries near and far!) So I couldn't taste fresher beer on a daily basis.

So I drink ONLY craft local microbrews - none of that B.S mass produced light beer stuff (ahh college) that are completely stripped of nutritional and all flavor qualities! (yes, nutritional)

Check out Oregon Brew Fest if you are ever in the area. Always the last weekend of JULY!

I was at Brewfest, and I'd posted in the members section that I was hoping to catch up with other sly brethren while I was there.  I was there Friday afternoon.
Attitude is everything!

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 09:18:56 AM »
New Belgium Brewing company has a seasonal brew out called "Skinny Dip". It has a sligt bitter taste IMO but overall another good brew from those folks.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
i liked the skinny dip! also had a new stout last week. YOUNG'S DOUBLE CHOCOLATE STOUT!!! good beer!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Enter your email address: