Author Topic: Products to Make It Shine  (Read 14179 times)

Offline Edward

• Learning the way of Sly
Products to Make It Shine
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:20:09 AM »
I've noticed in the past when I've had my head waxed (Yes, it really hurts.) that for the rest of the day I had a really great shine.  Is there a wax or polish commercially available that can be used at home to get that effect every day?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Products to Make It Shine
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 07:10:58 AM »
Waxed, really?  You only did this once I'm assuming.
Other than that treatment, I found that spray 50spf Banana Boat sunscreen will put a mirror glare on the dome if you don't wipe it off, I've done that when the wife gets antsy about my head that she hates sly--but even she doesn't want any more pre-cancerous lesions or actual basal cell.  After about 30-40 minutes you can wipe and buff it down so it's not greasy, but still pretty good, but I doubt anything can beat the waxed head.  Jeass, that must have hurt.  Who did the wax job for you, who held you down? :/O

Offline Edward

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
I did it about once a month for a year and a half, and no one had to hold me down.  Yes, it hurt like hell, but it's like getting a piercing.  Before you can complain or stop, it's over; and you're so pleased with the result you're ready to go again.  And the result is beautiful.

The guy who cut my hair for several years did it.  He talked me into going bald (over a long time), but was shocked the day I went in and said "let's go for it".  He, by the way, shaves everything (even "there") except for his eyebrows and eyelashes, and some occasional facial hair.  I've never seen him anything but bald.

I quit doing it about a year ago because I lacked the time, but today we discussed starting again.  Supposedly this gradually will kill the hair altogether, which I want while I'm not too old to enjoy it.  This time we're looking at doing it once/week, shaving right after, but not between sessions.  Permanently and totally bald, with a shine that makes people shade their eyes in sun, is the goal.

Offline Edward

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 07:56:51 PM »
Thanks for the product suggestion, by the way.  I'll let you know how it works.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:49:27 PM »
 :o  This thread makes my life hurt.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

GASlick

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »
Bald Guyz Moisturizer Gel works well for me. Shiny!! :)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »
:o  This thread makes my life hurt.

Me too, I just don't get it. 

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:38:06 PM »
Splash cold water over the scalp after shaving.  Tries to a great shine.  Works everytime for me.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
Bald Kings Bald Head Shine gives my head a nice shine and feels not greasy.

It's a little difficult to have it here - ordering online - shipping overseas - custom - customs  duty :Xo!....

But a bald mug needs it's care. O0

J

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure Headblade makes a moisturizer that comes in Shine and Matte.  I can't comment on how they work, but it's from Headblade so you know it's of the best quality.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »
I use HeadLube Glossy, with a few drops of  Hot Six Oil mixed in for good measure.  Rub it in, let it sit for a few minutes, and then buff with a cloth.
MikeC

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 05:22:11 AM »
A few drops of Olive Oil ($$ store brand is BOTH excellent on price and results) mixed in with your favorite shave cream or gel.. then when finished slap yourself sily with some Witch Hazel!!

The "bling bling" shine will force oncoming traffic on a sunny day off the road!! LOL
`Dr!v
- Cap'n Noodles -

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
I don't use anything, I am shiney naturally  :D

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 12:55:57 PM »
When people talk about olive oil--like supermarket cooking olive oil..and forgive my ignorance but it seems tlike that would cause breakouts/pimples/etc...no?