Discussions About Being Bald > Bald Stories

Please Help Me Guys

(1/11) > >>

don:
I was talking to a friend of mine who had hair transplants a few years ago and he suggested that I get them too.When I told him I was too chicken to get cut he told me that if there are procedures like transplants out there to make you look your best,why not take advantage of them.

So I told him that I wear my hairpiece on certain occasions and most of the time I keep my own hair cut close. He asked me how do I tell a possible significant other that I wear a piece.So I told him that I don't wear it in a social situation because if I do meet somebody at least they will see the real me.This guy also said that he would get a face lift when the time came just to look young.

When I told him that you have to have personality also he sort of side stepped that.When I told him that there are a lot of good looking bald men out there he said again that if there are things out there like hair transplants to have hair again why not take advantage of it.

He says it makes him feel better about himself but yet he says that he feels nervous that people are always judgeing him.Sounds contradictory.This guy is also in the theater so maybe that's why he's so vain.At any rate he made me feel that he didn't think I was looking the best I could just because I wouldn't go for those scary hair transplants.Please,if I ever needed words of encouragement I need them now.

PBurke:
sounds like HE is the one with the problem. as long as YOU are comfortable with yourself, then why should his opinion matter?  confidence goes a loooooong way with people, not just potential mates, be comfortable with yourself and let him waste his money on stuff to make him feel better. i plan to just let nature take it's course and grow old gracefully. but that is just me. you have to do what makes YOU feel good about yourself.

Robmeister:
First thing that comes to my mind, don, is that what shines around here with the SBG bruthas is much more than our shiny noggins...

It's personality PLUS, man...because of the confidence and liberation we EXUDE from embracing baldness rather than fighting it.  I've often wondered why this group is so dynamic and attractive...and I'm convinced that it has to do with this confidence and liberation.

I'm bald by choice so I'm not the most empathetic in relating to transplant, hair piece, Rogain and all that.

But in my opinion, I think the days of fighting MPB with these things are slowly going by the wayside in favor of embracing baldness rather than fighting it. (and frankly I believe it is scaring the sh** out of the restoration and coverup business)

I personally think that you guyz with the horse shoe thing have better looking bald noggins because more of it is tan or tan's much more easily and there's way less pale shadow to mitigate.

When I was a lot younger, my stache and goatee did not connect down the sides of my mouth....and I was so insecure about looking like one of the Three Muskateers, that I would draw in the connection with my sister's eyebrow pencil.

Then I was all insecure that someone would notice the false whiskers....so I never really accomplished anything as far as confidence.   So finally I just shaved it off and sported the bic'd look.

Now that's a weak comparison...but it seems to me that it's a similar situation with transplants and/or wearing a piece.....while ya sorta mitigate one aspect of insecurity....it sorta creates another.

Don't know how encouraging that is....just my 2 cents.

Tyler:
Don,  stay bald my brother.  I'm telling you that he may have confidence now, but as soon as he starts losing his hair in the places that he didn't get transplants, he's going to start feeling like a jackass.  Just imagine him losing his hair on the side of his head and then having "thick" hair on top.  People will then really start to laugh at him or he'll have to pay more to get even more transplants.

Just remember, the long term benefits are in your favor.  Confidence and personality are the key, just like you said.

Vash:
(Note: My SLY guys affirmations... Read these out loud)

I refuse to be told what is or is not universally attractive.
I will instead determine for myself what I will look like and seek out others who will accept, appreciate and love me, as me, for me.

I refuse to be SOLD attractiveness.
I will instead choose the products and services that suit my purposes and work well for me.

I refuse to be shamed or guilted by the media into changing my looks.
I will instead find the body, hair, clothing style that best suits me and makes me most comfortable.

I refuse to cling to or chase my inevitably fading youth.
I will instead embrace my age and enjoy the wisdom each year brings.

I refuse to be made uncomfortable by other people.
I will instead luxuriate in the comfort I find within my own skin and will enjoy and draw confidence from the frustration my comfort causes those who would change me.

I refuse to let the superficial judgments of others affect me.
I will instead instead draw confidence from my knowledge of myself and show that to others.

I refuse to accept the labels of society and the individuals that live within it.
I will instead set my own standards for myself and choose who's opinions I will listen to based on my respect for them.

This is my line in the sand. I am an individual. I am my own person.

Accept me, respect me and I'll do the same for you.

Otherwise  :-X

I am far to busy being SLY to be troubled by your narrow minded low self worth.

Here endeth the rant... ^-^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version