Author Topic: Where are all the headbangers at?!?!  (Read 28604 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Where are all the headbangers at?!?!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »
I really like "Sick of it All" (New York Hardcore). I possess their album "Death To Tyrants" and heard some of their other songs on Sirius. What I like about them is that they seem to hate politicians or at least view them with tremendous disrespect. I like that.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 12:12:52 PM »
I really like "Sick of it All" (New York Hardcore). I possess their album "Death To Tyrants" and heard some of their other songs on Sirius. What I like about them is that they seem to hate politicians or at least view them with tremendous disrespect. I like that.

Huge SOIA fan since like 88..Probably a band I have seen more than any other...Jusit went to their new record release show in NYC last week--killer det--the new album calledbased on a true story is amazing--best from them in a while, and I love all their stuff....

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »
Got the single on itunes today, just waiting for the whole album  >:D

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »
I like
Power Metal
Folk Metal
Death Metal
and various others

My favorite bands are Dragonland, Opeth, Bloodbath, Kamelot, Domine, Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, Insomnium and others i'm not thinking of

You had better be forgetting Korpiklaani  :(

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 06:06:42 PM »
YESSS they're pretty awesome too thankyou, I need to get their stuff
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »

Get their album, "Scratch the Surface."  I've had it since the late 90's and anytime I go back and listen to it I can't turn it off until I've heard the whole album. 

Great energy, great lyrics, very motivational. 

"Scratch the Surface, serve a purpose, scratch the surface! Don't waste my time!" 

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline johnnybebald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »
WENT TO THE WARPED TOUR IN VENTURA CALI ON SUNDAY! IT WAS BAD ASS!!!! got to see THE DICKIES, FEAR, GBH, THE ADOLESCENTS, ANGRY SAMOANS, and VOODOO GLOW SKULLS!!! SOO SICK!  i was in the circle pit all day, ripped my chucks and got my pendleton dirty, and woke up extremely sore and bruised the nex day, but it was soo worth it lol ;D

Offline Chris730

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 12:15:51 PM »
Not a huge punk fan, love traditional metal and thrash metal though. My favorites include Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Metallica, Slayer, Motorhead, Black Sabbath (with Ozzy and Dio), Overkill, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin etc.

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »
I'm not a metalhead per se, but I like my hard rock.
I grew up Van Halen and Aerosmith, Boston, Journey, etc.. but nowadays I'm a big fan of Lacuna Coil, Type O Negative, and Killswitch Engage.  Not really crazy about "growling" though.
I also love progressive stuff - Jean Luc Ponty, Allan Holdsworth, (older) Rush, Yes, Genesis,etc..
I play a mean electric guitar too - been playing for 30 years.

Sorry, but I can't stand Metalmucilla.  Guy sounds like he just needs to take a dump already.  Every sentence ends with "ooh-ahh".  :D

Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 04:59:29 AM »
Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, Mutiny Within, Rhapsody Of Fire (or simply known as Rhapsody sometimes) Symphony X, Scar Symmetry

I <3 Metal
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline texanron

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
I saw a Slayer bumper sticker on a truck the other day. Are those guys still around? I remember them from back when I was a teenager. That was 20 years ago!

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 05:46:21 PM »
I saw a Slayer bumper sticker on a truck the other day. Are those guys still around? I remember them from back when I was a teenager. That was 20 years ago!
Yeah they are still around. I can't imagine why to me personally I don't think they are very talented.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Yeah they are still around. I can't imagine why to me personally I don't think they are very talented.

There around because there Slayer, period.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »
I like metal, but I also like the blues, jazz, contemporary Christian, hard rock, and many others.  I like the old metal, Pantera, Ministry, Megadeth(Count Down back, their new stuff sucks), Metallica (except for St. Anger, that was a travesty), Ozzie, Black Sabbath, Testament.  Lately I've been listening to Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying and what ever videos Ryan sends to me.  O0

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »
I like metal, but I also like the blues, jazz, contemporary Christian, hard rock, and many others.  I like the old metal, Pantera, Ministry, Megadeth(Count Down back, their new stuff sucks), Metallica (except for St. Anger, that was a travesty), Ozzie, Black Sabbath, Testament.  Lately I've been listening to Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying and what ever videos Ryan sends to me.  O0

Jeramy, you don't like the new Megadeth Album  :o ......It's almost my favorite Megadeth album next to Rust in Peace. >:D

I decide to throw in some Exodus because I can.

BTW how's living in Istanbul  :*))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:01:56 PM by RyanJP »