Author Topic: defeating the dreaded beer belly  (Read 14964 times)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: defeating the dreaded beer belly
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »
I lost 19 lbs since Jan 1 by switching from Coke to Coke Zero.  There may be those that don't believe that, but it's true.

Don't worry... I found them!  :(

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2010, 06:38:15 AM »
LOL..I think I found a couple also.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2010, 05:03:04 PM »
I figured some wouldn't believe that, and there very well may some other explanation, but I couldn't put a finger on what it might be until I did a quick Google search tonight.

I have lost 19 lbs since Jan. 2. It's documented by my doctor. The only thing I've done differently is switch from drinking two 20 oz Cokes per day to two 20 oz Coke Zeros.

I haven't changed my diet. My doctor did increase my dose of fish oil from 1,000 mg to 4,000 mg per day for high triglycerides in May, but I'd already lost 12 lbs at that point.  I haven't found anything in the packet of information that comes with the prescription medication that says fish oil causes weight loss, but some nutrition websites I found in the Google search say that there can be a weight loss benefit in some people, but that would only be connected to 7 of the 19 lbs (since May).  In the end, I guess it doesn't matter how I lost it if I can just keep it off. 

(I can't do any kind of impact exercise.  I do well to walk without pain, let alone exercise.)
TheBBQGuy

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2010, 05:25:24 PM »
I totally believe it! 
* A 20oz. Coke has 240 calories x2/day = 580 every day
* 8 months x 30 days = 240 days
* 580 calories x 240 days = 139,200 calories that you did not consume

That's definitely one of those easy daily things that can make a big difference over time.

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2010, 10:49:27 PM »
I followed a weight watchers point system and swam everyday. I also rode my bike and walked, but eventually the degenerating disc my back reminded me of is presence.  I actually gained weight  :Xo! for some reason when I did all of that. I still go walk just about everyday. I don't drink that much soda anymore, maybe just a few cans a month. I don't drink beer anymore. I usually drink vodka with Walmart's version of Orange Crystal Light that is carb free, when I do actually drink. Year to year my weight fluxuates anyway. Some years I lose weight without even trying, others years I try to lose weight and cannot do it. I am on high blood pressure meds and high cholesterol meds at 31.  :Xo! I'm not super overweight and my doctor said it's probably something genetic, because both of my parents have it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:02:10 PM by rcg5227 »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2010, 01:36:26 AM »
I totally believe it! 
* A 20oz. Coke has 240 calories x2/day = 580 every day
* 8 months x 30 days = 240 days
* 580 calories x 240 days = 139,200 calories that you did not consume

That's definitely one of those easy daily things that can make a big difference over time.

That 139,000 calories that you didn't drink had the potential to add 40 pounds to your weight. (3500 extra calories adds 1 pound if not burned by activity.)

Enter your email address: