Author Topic: Converting others to bald  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Converting others to bald
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:57:44 AM »
Yesterday we had a Costco rep here at work selling memberships. The guy was 34 and has a full head of hair, all gelled up, you can tell he spends time on it. He saw the headblade sticker on my locker and my name tag and asked me about it, he said he sees the logo when he watches UFC. I told him all about it and gave him a discount card. He said that he had been thinking about buzzing his hair down for the summer. I told him why buzz it when you can go smooth and not have to worry about sunburn through the stubble. He said he is sold on the idea and will facebook message me when he does.
 Which leads me to others. When I first started here I was the only bald guy, a couple others had longer buzz cuts and the rest had hair. I convinced the 2 buzzed guys to go smooth, its only a little hair anyway. They are no smooth. Then another guy and I were talking and he said how he kinda missed being bald when he was in bootcamp and all that. He had longer hair, maybe 5"+. He came in after St. Patricks day smooth, he said the seed I planted grew. Now my boss is sporting a #1 buzz, I am gonna work on him a bit.

Anyone else 'convert' others to SLY?

usmcpelon

Re: Converting others to bald
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
It’s funny how a lot of guys come up to me and tell me they’ve always wanted to go bald.  I respond by giving them a business card to my Barber Shop and invite them to come over anytime and take the plunge into the world of Sly Bald.  It never fails.  A lot of guys see a bald guy; they follow that great looking bald head with their eyes until it disappears under the horizon.  They fall in love with the haircut and how it looks. 

I know, I own Leatherneck Military Barber Shop, and I’ve been doing military haircuts for the local police, recruiters, ROTC cadets and staff.  Some guys come in because they want to try something different.  They act as if this is a styling salon and quickly agree to the shortest military cut on the board. Recon Horseshoe Haircut.  Mostly know as the Bald Fade in styling salons.  When they return, they say how much people like it and wished they had done it along time ago.  Most of these guys come every week for a haircut that could go for another week before any maintenance is required.  This is where I convince my unsuspecting victim to go completely bald.  It never fails.  Although it doesn’t happen everyday. 

Converting other to the Bald look seems to work good for me.  And Leatherneck Military Barber Shop is the best tool for me to converting these long haired guys into a hairless world of Sly Bald.  I was at an oil change shop this weekend, and I met one of my old customers who said to me, “did you know that you are responsible for me being bald for the rest of my life!”  My reply was, “Mission accomplished”.  He continued to tell me that all his brothers and other male members of his family are bald by choice.  It’s a great feeling to know you’ve done something that you believe in.  And I have been sly for only seven months.  Wow.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »
Oh yeah, I figure we need a minimum of 5 bald guys here at work and the more the better

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »
I've made and printed some SBG cards to hand out if someone asks, but haven't had the opportunity to hand one out yet.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

OzBaldyBoi

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 01:58:23 PM »
Read this and found it funny as i'am a converted sly guy!!! I'm bald by choice (i have a before and after pic in the gallery if you're curious) and after several years of being unconfident about buzzing my head due to headsize, i had two coworkers who are naturally sly and convinced me to go for it. I had become sick of all the management with hair gels and expensive hair cuts and took the plunge in December last year. I've been smooth eversince and my workmates can't believe they inspired someone with a full head of hair to take the plunge but i love it and not sure if i'll go back!!

Offline HairToday

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »
I've got a friend with a crew cut and a perfect head of hair (the bastard...  ;)) and when he saw me for the first time since I did it, he said he wanted to shave it off too.  I told him he should... either that or grow his hair out longer... but don't take it for granted with a boring crew cut!
Coolness is having courage, the courage to do what's right

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 10:45:16 PM »
I keep offering the services of JT's barber shop at work.  I tell them the first one is free.  But I have yet to have a taker  :px

Offline BigMike01

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 12:48:30 AM »
On a trip to Oklahoma about 4 years ago, I met up with an old friend who'd never seen me shaved. His wife loved it and when we met for breakfast the next morning he was bald and never stopped smiling. He still keeps it shaved and his wife thanks me everytime we talk.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 01:10:01 AM »
Well, I know of three people that I believe I had some influence in their decision to become sly.  All of them suffer from MPB.  One is the former associate pastor of my church.  In fact when Pastor Tim shaved his head, he emailed a pic and let me know I was his inspiration.  One other is one good friend of mine named Ted.  He had a very small fringe area of hair left.  I had mentioned various times that he would look good shaved.  Eventually when talking to him on the phone he told me that he shaved his head and was keeping it.  The last person is my other buddy, Lou.  He would occasionally shave it but by the time I saw him, there was stubble.  But now he keeps it pretty smooth.  He also suffers from MPB.