Author Topic: What a mess  (Read 1240 times)

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
What a mess
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »
Just to give everyone some info in relation to my post, where I live ( the Palo Alto, Mountain View area ) we have the Caltrans that runs thru, well in the last 5 months we have had 4 suicide's by high school students at Gunn high school and I think within the last six years there has been at least 15 suicides by the Caltrans, I think it's horrible and there are many reasons why obviously.
    I was Walking thru the San Antonio ave station train depot to Walmart last night at about 1945 ( 7:45 pm ), I see a slew of caution tape wrapped around the south bound side and I see a few San Mateo county Sherrifs from the transit police and a couple of gentleman with blue polos and one with a white shirt, tie and a camera so I pretty certain that it's a suicide. I see the group taking photos and putting something in a black body bag so I think to myself its the body, nope it's the guys right leg and the examiner is snapping away on the camera and it must weigh some because the other gentleman in the blue is holding it and rotating it in different angles, down about 10 meters there's another black bag with a yellow tarp....one of the Deputies finally asked me if I needed help and be about my business so I did. What a mess I feel bad for the Amtrak Conductor.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What a mess
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:13:04 PM »
Suicides are always a tragic event, as most of the guys here know I had a friend commit suicide earlier this year, he was bipolar and was having problems keeping on his meds, etc.  The highs, manic phase, were getting totally out of control, the lows, depressive phase--unbelievable.  His family is still torn to pieces over this, living with him was hard and coming to grips with their grief is really taxing them. 
I saw where there were a large number of students at Cornell too.  We'll never know what finally pushed them to the brink, mental, economic reversals, lost relationships.  It's too big to hold all at once. 
We also know two other families who have had suicides of sons--unable to resolve their conflicts w/ homosexuality.  In one case the mother and father literally became alcoholics, and are now recovering.  The other, the mother goes into a very deep depression and withdrawal every February.  In both instances we found out, the families were unable to accept the sexual orientation of their sons and they knew it.  It's so hard to know that we have such awesome responsibilities when we first pick our children up in our arms after birth.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »
Right on Saint. As parents we can "push" our children or "love and lead" them. Sometimes it is hard to know the difference. 
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline helenk579

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:02:05 AM »
Just to give everyone some info in relation to my post, where I live ( the Palo Alto, Mountain View area ) we have the Caltrans that runs thru, well in the last 5 months we have had 4 suicide's by high school students at Gunn high school and I think within the last six years there has been at least 15 suicides by the Caltrans, I think it's horrible and there are many reasons why obviously.
    I was Walking thru the San Antonio ave station train depot to Walmart last night at about 1945 ( 7:45 pm ), I see a slew of caution tape wrapped around the south bound side and I see a few San Mateo county Sherrifs from the transit police and a couple of gentleman with blue polos and one with a white shirt, tie and a camera so I pretty certain that it's a suicide. I see the group taking photos and putting something in a black body bag so I think to myself its the body, nope it's the guys right leg and the examiner is snapping away on the camera and it must weigh some because the other gentleman in the blue is holding it and rotating it in different angles, down about 10 meters there's another black bag with a yellow tarp....one of the Deputies finally asked me if I needed help and be about my business so I did. What a mess I feel bad for the Amtrak Conductor.

I also think so.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »
Sad - -Sad - - -Sad - - -

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:15:23 PM »
So sad  :-[ I live in San Jose and we have had a few here too.  Near Del Mar High School, some kids just have the resources they need to get through the difficult time in their lives.  And/or parents who just don't care.  Very Very sad