Author Topic: Schick Hydro 5-vs-Gillette ProGlide Power.  (Read 42547 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Schick Hydro 5-vs-Gillette ProGlide Power.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »
Will the hydro 5 blades fit on the hydro3 handle? I didn't care for the hydro3 but I am kinda interested in trying the hydo5. I think the fusion has me spoiled, I like the 5 blades.although I'm not crazy about the new proglide, it doesn't seem to get as close as the original.
yes... the hydro3 handle is compatible with the hydro 5 razors and vice versa.  good luck with the hydro 5.  it's an awesome razor.  it gives a smooth shave and the razor "glides" on your dome and face.  check out my review.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline phuzzphree

• To each his own.
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 12:49:30 AM »
Hey all, for what it's worth, I decided to try the Gillette Proglide (manual) this week.  My experience has been pretty much the opposite as what I'm reading on the SBG forums.  With the help of BG Gel, I've had the quickest and most comfortable shave to date.  I've also been able to shave more than 2 days in a row without irritation.  I give this one a thumbs up, but that's my 2 cents.

Oh! and the Gillette Thermal Scrub is pretty awesome too...(another 2 cents)...

(BaldGuyz gel + Gillette Fusion) - hair = a beautiful thing!

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »
I gave mine to my wife.  She loves it.  Go figure.  Welcome Phuz!

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »
I saw the price of the new Gillette product and couldn't believe it. Who are they kidding? I love the Hydro 5 and I have found Target to be the lowest priced in my area at $10.99
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline junglephone

• Drummer / Producer / Composer
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 05:59:43 AM »
+1 on the Hydro 5. The Hydro Gel for sensitive skin is great also.

Offline GreatRazors

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
I found this forum when I was looking for reviews of the Schick Hydro 5.  Full disclosure, I sell them on my website and I am not bald. I am testing the Hydro 5 and tested the ProGlide.  I am still on my 1st cartridge after 3 months with the Hydro 5. And I would rather use  my 3 month old Hydro 5 cartridge than a new ProGlide. I am wanting to see how long the Hydro 5 lasts the normal user. For me the Hydro 5 is the best and longest lasting razor I have ever tested. So for shave quality & price,  I endorse the Hydro 5. :@`   

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »
Have been using the hydro 5 on my face since it became available in the uk, awsome shave, have not tried it in the old dome yet [headblader thru and thru] but i will , heard of good results, :@` :@` :@`

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 05:51:28 PM »
The proglide has just gone on sale in the uk, they are asking just under nine pounds for a pack of three standard carts, how can they justify that price for a pack of THREE, NOT FOUR STANDARD CARTS.  THREE ,(GILLETTE YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING.  the shave is crap , you cannot justify these prices,TALK  ABOUT RIP OF BRITAIN. good job i was never was a fan of the FUSION inthe first place, the carts allways were expensive, but they are just taking the mick now, thank god for the HYDRO 5 :'( :'( :'(