Author Topic: Day 1...  (Read 7181 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: Day 1...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 10:47:44 PM »
Good job  at making the switch! I'm 18 right now and started thinning when I was 17. So I definently feel where your coming I sure would have loved to rather lose my hair at 40. But life has ways of choosing when things happen, I was always hiding my hair and looking in the mirrror even though it wasn't that bad. But the confidence I've gained from being sly is ridiculous and you keep getting more confident everyday you really get back to your old self.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline baldguynextdoor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
Congratulations on setting yourself free, man.  A year from now, you won't even remember what you looked like with hair. 

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 05:50:04 AM »
Welcome Andrew.  Great decision
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline sharpe76

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 03:40:52 PM »
Well done mate!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »

So I definently feel where your coming I sure would have loved to rather lose my hair at 40.

The thing is, there isn't a good time for your hair to fall out.  Younger guys always think it wouldn't be so bad if it happened to them at an older age, but trust me, you won't want to be going through it when you're 40, either -- an age when you have to start monitoring your health more closely and fighting off a slowing metabolism, among other things. When you do get to that age, you'll be glad that the balding process is long behind you, because if you've taken good care of yourself, the physical changes in your appearance won't be quite so dramatic.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 05:50:17 PM »
Good one! O0  welcome to the club! 8)

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 11:22:45 AM »
Welcome and congrats  O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »
A belated Welcome to you Andrew, congrats on making the decision to end the false hopes and lies.
Like Todd said, I'm sure you feel a freedom like you haven't had before. It's a great thing.
Now you can get on with life.     O0

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 10:40:15 PM »
Sorry for the late welcome...WELCOME TO SBGs!!! 8)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
Glad you felt the relief, everyday gets better to! O0
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 12:30:46 AM »
Yep...once more sorry for the late welcome!  So...its been a bit...how are you enjoying the new you?

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »
Welcome.  Doesn't it feel great!!  Glad you are with us.

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 08:56:10 AM »
You will get used to it i promise.  Some of us say that it needs to be seasoned, meaning that you can now use moisterizes and experiment with a routine to take care of your precious dome.  Do a good prep and decide whether to be a sink shaver or shower shaver.  I am not sure what your skin color is, but regardless as I said in a previous post to even out the color to match your face, if you are living (even if you are not) in a place with very warm temperatures keep the head exposed for no more then 15 minutes then where a hat or put on sun screen.  even if you are not trying to get the color to blend in it will happen naturally usually in two weeks.

i am proud of you, you will see it just gets better and better.

Welcome to the Sly bald guys we are glad to have you here and we are here to support you.

Fred

Offline AndrewD

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
It's been a ling time since I've been back, but I'm still soooo incredibly happy about my decision.  some funny, shocked reactions from people I know at first, some great jokes, but after a couple of weeks life went back to normal.  Every day I feel so grateful that I made the right decision to get rid of the wig.  Coming up on my one year anniversary, and can't wait for many more to come.

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »
Congrats Andrew on your decision to pull the plug on the rug and join the greatest bunch of SLY dudes around!   O0