Author Topic: In case you didn't know..  (Read 12833 times)

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
Re: In case you didn't know..
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 07:50:55 PM »

MMMMM... BEEF.  Nothing against Vegitarians; my only question is why senselessly kill innocent Vegitables... I mean what did they ever do to you?  $@y
Here's to reserving the kitchen table for those tasty tasty Vegi Murderers:
Cows, Turkeys, Chickens... Its a tough job, but someone has to punish the guilty  )-m

Is that a mockery?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 07:58:41 PM »
i totally respect that you choose that and that you do not preach to others that they shouldn't. you both are cool as hell. we all have to live for ourselves and what we think is right. personnally i don't think i could do it. but much respect to those that do.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 08:42:18 PM »
i totally respect that you choose that and that you do not preach to others that they shouldn't. you both are cool as hell. we all have to live for ourselves and what we think is right. personnally i don't think i could do it. but much respect to those that do.

I appreciate that, Paulie! It means a lot to hear people say that.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:58 PM »

I concur!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 09:20:31 AM »

I concur as well. Nothing wrong with going the distance for what you believe in.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

RoachX

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »
I've tried going vegetarian for week twice. The 1st time i tried it was pretty easy. The 2nd time i found it surprisingly difficult. Which led to me thinking is there anything addictive about eating meat? Or is it more a psychological thing.

Either way its a scary thought.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
Nothin' wrong with going Vegitarian, either way, whatever works for you.  And Yes, it was a slight Mockery, but what do you expect out of me?  Last I checked, when god was handing out good looks and brain power, I was still over in the Wit section of the Market   $c#m  :*)) :*))

I went Vegitarian for a little while also... I give you guys credit, its a solid lifestyle.  Anyone notice how much better Cruelty free meat tastes?  To be honest, I would like to live a day as a Kobe Beef Cow!  Proves, good meat comes from humane treatment!
Peace

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »
had a buddy in colorado that was strict vegitarian. he did it stay healthy and slim for rock climbing. dude was a bad ass on the rock walls. he loved steak, but chose not to eat meat. kudos to him. maybe i am weak but i goota have meat.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
nothing wrong with being a vegan..its definetly a healthier lifestyle than us meat eaters for sure...i could prob use a few months or years on a vegan diet to lower my cholesterol lol but its hard to give up a triple stack wendys burger or a delicious venison backstrap  #ng^y

VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 11:53:37 PM »

had a buddy in colorado....

Whatta ya mean "had"? .... ain't we buddies anymore :'(

Was it something I said? :-[

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 12:02:15 AM »

had a buddy in colorado....

Whatta ya mean "had"? .... ain't we buddies anymore :'(

Was it something I said? :-[

i don't think either one of us is in any shape to climb anything. probably just at the bottom and drink a couple cold beers and talk about climbing. oh yeah, you are still my buddy.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 07:25:41 AM »
I enjoy meat too much also. My great grandparents had a ranch and that is some of THE best beef in the world.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 08:19:24 AM »
Yeah, I tried to go veg. once but it lasted about a day.  I love meat way too much.  Give me a big old fat medium or medium rare steak and get your fingers out of the way.  I also love burgers.  Damn, I have to go get something to eat.   `dr**l

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 01:23:54 PM »
Yeah, I tried to go veg. once but it lasted about a day.  I love meat way too much.  Give me a big old fat medium or medium rare steak and get your fingers out of the way.  I also love burgers.  Damn, I have to go get something to eat.   `dr**l

Being a Midwesterner I enjoy my meat too, but had the chance to eat at my niece's vegetarian restaurant this weekend and I gotta tell you that was some good food.  I am very impressed the combinations of flavors and textures and I didn't miss having meat at all.   And way to go Funnel, for following a path less traveled.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:27:12 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 06:12:10 PM »

Being a Midwesterner I enjoy my meat too, but had the chance to eat at my niece's vegetarian restaurant this weekend and I gotta tell you that was some good food.  I am very impressed the combinations of flavors and textures and I didn't miss having meat at all.   And way to go Funnel, for following a path less traveled.

I appreciate that. I want to dedicate the rest of my life being the voice of the voiceless. I love animals, always have, and I think they need to be treated fairly, and right now that just isn't happening. If anyone else is interested in animal testing, please contact me, you would be amazed at some of the companies that test their products on animals.. and exactly what these test are in detail. It will make you think twice before you buy certain products.

Also, I know everyone has their own opinion, and I will NEVER mock anyone for what they feel is right, nor will I ever try to push my beliefs on anyone. That's why I say contact me if you would like to know more, because I don't want people to feel that I am trying to shove my beliefs down their throat. My main goal is to put a STOP to animal testing. It's cruel and useless.