Author Topic: Picking out ingrown hairs with a needle  (Read 1134 times)

Offline blue73

• Learning the way of Sly
Picking out ingrown hairs with a needle
« on: June 21, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »
Hi, I've been shaving my head for about 3 months, and I've had constant problems with razor bumps, despite using about every precaution and product imaginable.  The bumps generally go away after a couple of days of not shaving, but what I'm really concerned about are the four or five that have stayed for weeks and aren't improving, which has really got me worried and discouraged.

I've read about sterilizing a needle and sticking it into these bumps to draw the hair out, but it would obviously be difficult for me to do this with bumps that are on the top of my head.  I've tried using a couple of mirrors and doing it myself, but I just can't see well enough to do it effectively.  Also, I don't have anyone I trust to do it for me.

Any recommendations on what to do?  It seems to me that these bumps that haven't improved probably aren't just going to go away unless I draw the hairs out.  I was thinking maybe I could go to an esthetician... do they deal with removing ingrown hairs?  I imagine if I go to a doctor, he'll tell me to wait it out or give me some cream that won't work, and tell me not to pick at it.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Offline johnnyo

• Sly
Re: Picking out ingrown hairs with a needle
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
I don't recommend the needle, you could still get an infection and that would be bad, if you need to, go to a dermatologist, they are the professionals.