Author Topic: Scalp pigmentation  (Read 42418 times)

Offline InProgress

• Sly Jr.
Re: Scalp pigmentation
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
I don't think it's so bad... but you'd better be sure that you never want to shave it. It would be kind of funny to rub it and find no hair there! And, i don't think they make the hairlines look very natural, although it works if you're going for the line-up look.

Offline InProgress

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »
I was just thinking about something: Do you realize how RIDICULOUS that is going to look when they start to go gray like most men do? As I get grayer, my shadow gets lighter.....eventually, they will have to tattoo stubble over their entire head.....which is going to look ridiculous in black or brown when they're older.

haha didn't realize that. Good thinking. Maybe not such a good idea...

Offline CliffCoultas

• GUITARIST WITH MYSTIQUE
  • Sly Jr.
    • MySpace
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 03:04:34 AM »
Interesting but sly is still better.
Cliff Coultas

Offline mht4me

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 03:24:27 PM »
actually ive met a few of their clients in person and it looks absolutely AMAZING in person.

Offline Harleyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »
Just when you thought you saw everything!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/140224/sampf09f1299b683a4f3.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
I think I'm going to get three finger holes and the word Brunswick  :D

I laughed so hard!

Offline Deezilla

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
I have been researching this pigmentation for a while now and it's actually pretty impressive. The pictures really don't do it justice as looks better in real life. The hairlines I saw are not as sharp as on those pictures and look far more natural.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »
But what does it achieve? By going through this process, you are effectively making yourself look like someone that might have had hair but chose to shave it off. Why not just shave it off?

Offline Baldnbald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 04:25:50 PM »
i don't get all the responses to this.  I mean the longest, or one of the longest threads on this site is the one about laser hair removal.  The point of that is the shadow, it sucks, the shadow is what makes you look older and changes the way your face is framed.  So its the same thing with the scalp pigmentation, it gets rid of the shadow by giving you the appearance of a normal hair line.  I'm in no way affiliated with any of the sites that perform this procedure, but I did look at some and they appear to look good if you get the right person and you don't go for the 16 yr old perfectly straight hairline.  But age appropriate hair lines I saw pictures of looked pretty awesome.  I'm skeptical because the hair mills like Bosley also put up some awesome pics, but anyone who's done their homework knows to stay away from them.  So while I would like to see one of these people in person, it does look pretty good to me on the pictures I'm seeing.  No one, absolutely no one else thinks this is worth a closer look?

It is what it is

BaldnBald

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 10:34:44 PM »
I think a lot of you are too into your "sly" and wanting other to be only "sly"

but most of these dont even look bad at all. It's weird to me but ive seen people with it in real life and nobody noticed he was bald or thought he looked stupid.

you dont get it from a real tattoo artist you got to a type of doctor (at least in canada)
you have to get it touched up once a year, first time is free, second time is about 200-300
and you need that at least every year.

as for change of colour on the touch up a main purpose is to slightly change the colour in case your hair goes gray or white.

the thing is the price it probably cost about 5000

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 11:41:42 PM »
It is not that I am too set in my sly ways, or for that matter, against tattooing (I'm heavily tattooed), but that it is a very permanent 'solution' offering something that pretends to be what it isn't. Once you have this, you don't have the option to appear completely bald... ever, now if you've got artistic tattoos on your head (see txta2guy's avatar) then that's different because it isn't trying to be anything but art, but having 'hair' tattooed on will always be simulacra for the real thing

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM »
the percentage of girls that get their eyebrows tattoo'd is extremely high, do you feel the same about that?

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:00 AM »
Yes I do, in fact I dislike drawn on eyebrows altogether. The makeup style and eyebrow shape may work for their current face shape and complexion, but that changes significantly, who's to say it would still suit. plus they are obviously fake.

Offline Baldnbald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 09:39:56 AM »
I haven't seen anyone in person, but to me if you shave your head which I do every day all thats left is a shadow.  And just practically all it is is the hairs so why couldn't someone just recreate the density of that with Dots. 

As far as saying its fake, who cares.  Do you realize how many things we do that are fake every day without thinking about it?  Do you shave your head, why not let it grow?  Do you brush your teeth?  Do you put lotion on your skin if its dry?  I mean there are tons of things daily that everyone does for the sake of looking good, I don't give a blank about which ones are arbitrarily acceptable because of peoples perception.  All I care about is does it look natural when its said and done.  From what I'm seein in pics it really does.  I'm very curious and more so cautious but if this dos look ok I wouldn't hesitate to do it. 

Plan on shaving my head forever anyway so wouldn't matter, and if there is a real and viable solution surgery wise this wouldn't mess that up.  I don't know being Sly is something I accept, not something I would ever prefer and I don't think I am alone based on this forum existing.

I don't know I agree with Silverking, people tend to in the process of accepting sucky things like going bald turn it into some badge of honor and something to be proud of.  That might make you feel better and all but if you really accept something and are confident you should also be able to acknowledge that yeah it also happens to suck. 

It is what it is

BaldnBald

Offline baldhog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 11:15:40 PM »
I agree. In the pictures it looks good. I shave my head everyday and I'm cool with it, but I don't  like the rim of 'shadow' that makes me look like Bozo the clown or George Jefferson even when I'm 'sly'.

I'd love to hear from someone who had this done. I'll do it if it looks natural.

Enter your email address: