Author Topic: Tolsom Facial Cleansing Foam and Tolsom Skin Protective Lotion SPF 15  (Read 5282 times)

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
After reading a few posts by our fearless leader Tyler, I had to try some of the Tolsom line myself to see if it is as good as he says.  Here is my review of these products.

Tolsom Facial Cleansing Foam

I used this product for about two weeks to form an honest opinion of it.  I used it both in the shower and at the sink.  It is milky white when it comes out of the tube.  I quickly discovered that a little goes a long way.  There is a fragrance to it but it is mild and inoffensive and is gone when you rinse.  The "Cleansing Beads" feel really good on the skin.  I also liked that it rinsed off very easily and left no oily residual.  The Facial scrub was gentle enough to use everyday with no irritation.

It has a very mild fragrance that doesn't linger 
A little goes a long way
Rinses easily off the skin. 
I have been able to use it everyday without irritation.
Provided a good pre-shave head/face wash (skin feels really clean)

Dislikes:

The price $20 USD (online) for 4.4 fl. ounces
After about a week of use, I noticed I was getting pimples on my neck and cheeks.

In all, a good high end product.  Caused no skin irritation with daily use, left my skin feeling soft and clean but didn't protect me from getting pimples.  3 out of 5 stars.

Tolsom Skin Protective Lotion with SPF 15

I used this after my shave and after applying Witch Hazel (my aftershave of choice).  This product is also milky white out of the tube.  It has a mild, inoffensive citrus fragrance that quickly dissipates after applying.  As with the facial foam, a little goes a long way.  It soaks in quickly, cools the skin when applied and leaves the skin feeling moisturized and not oily. 

Mild citrus fragrance that doesn't linger.
A little goes a long way.
Cools the skin when applying
Not oily
After daily use the skin on my head is well moisturized and seems to
almost glow.

Dislikes:

Price (again) $34 USD (online) for 3.4 fl oz.

Really no other dislikes other than the price tag.  I would certainly buy this product again if a cheaper alternative can't be found.  4 out of 5 stars.

I hope someone finds these reviews helpful in their quest for the perfect head-shave.

sincerely,
Ken