Author Topic: MR. CLEAN'S goal  (Read 18106 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: MR. CLEAN'S goal
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
Congrats Mr. Clean!! You gotta love the feeling that progress brings you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 12:27:18 PM »

All I got to say is HELL YA!  The work has started paying dividends!  Looking Slier than Ever, and Feelin' like I am finally back into the SuperHero Form!  Again, thanks everybody for the awesome support!  Work Hard, Rock Harder!  8)

Congratulations -- keep up the good work.  I know it's not easy, but chiseled features are what work best with a bald head.  You've got youth on your side.  Believe me it will be much harder to drop pounds when you hit your mid-30s, so get the physique under control now.

I am still struggling on getting washboard abs.  Actually I would be happy if I could just get rid of the lovehandles.  It's really frustrating.   On the plus side, though, I did notice the other day that I'm finally starting to get some decent definition in the chest, so I guess I am getting there -- albeit, very slowly. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »
[quote author=BALDANDRE link=topic=1271.msg22063#msg22063
I recommend going the full monty "Mr. Clean" route (of no hair/no facial hair) when someone is trying to loose weight and get into muscle shape...it's great motivation...

and you can't hide behind ANYTHING!
[/quote]

Would that include the eyebrows?? ;)

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 01:47:13 PM »
[quote author=BALDANDRE link=topic=1271.msg22063#msg22063
I recommend going the full monty "Mr. Clean" route (of no hair/no facial hair) when someone is trying to loose weight and get into muscle shape...it's great motivation...

and you can't hide behind ANYTHING!

Would that include the eyebrows?? ;)

Actually it would (wasn't in my case though) , if that is motivation to you, that was the point for me, at the time I hated (but was intrigued by the "Mr. Clean" look)...couldn't wait to go back to the balded/ goated look....

but you CAN see results and may find that going back to a goat (or brows) seems to "dirty" for your over all new muscled body...when you get closer to your minds 'perfection" you find you no longer need a crutch or something to hide behind...

that's my take on it...but I still think being with goat looks way cool!

RazorX, you're not ready to NOT have the sly brows....face the fact my friend, you SHOULD go browsless for a couple weeks before leaving the slybrow side...

just like the first headshave, make an evaluation if you llike it or not after a couple weeks or a month...

it suits you dude,really!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »
[quote author=BALDANDRE link=topic=1271.msg22107#msg22107
RazorX, you're not ready to NOT have the sly brows....face the fact my friend, you SHOULD go browsless for a couple weeks before leaving the slybrow side...

just like the first headshave, make an evaluation if you llike it or not after a couple weeks or a month...

it suits you dude,really!
[/quote]

It is a cleaner look, I'll admit.  I am on the fence.  One minute I kind of like it and the next minute I don't.   Either way, I',m going to be without eyebrows for a while.  Considering that most people had trouble seeing them when they were actually there, I figure they can be subtly growing back while I try to make up my mind.

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 04:20:33 PM »
Here's something to keep in mind when you are working out.  If you are using low weight and high repetitions you are loosing fat and toning muscle.  If you are using high weight and low reps, you are loosing fat and gaining muscle.  This would cause clothes to fit better without loosing weight.  Just keeping an eye on your weight may be misleading.  It may be better to watch your BMI (body mass index) instead or your weight.  I have a very high metabolism and have problems gaining weight, so I've done a little research on it.  That's my $0.02.  Hope it helps.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 05:17:47 PM »
I have a very high metabolism and have problems gaining weight, so I've done a little research on it. 

OK, now I have to hate you.    :x! :x!

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 05:23:41 PM »
Before you hate me let me say that I'm 5'10" and stuck at 125 lbs.  That is just too light.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 05:34:54 PM »
Before you hate me let me say that I'm 5'10" and stuck at 125 lbs.  That is just too light.

I think I'd rather be on the light side than the heavy side, but I guess the grass is always greener, right?

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »

I think I'd rather be on the light side than the heavy side, but I guess the grass is always greener, right?
You might be right about the grass, but heres a Thought to Mow down the discussion... Size does not matter much if your Sly enough to pull it off  ;)

Buff is good, Strong is Great, Skinny is nice, But Sly is always Fly  8)

Peace

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 12:06:40 PM »
OK... Now its getting Frustrating.  I have lost a fair amount of size, noticed in the fact that I am back into my closet putting away the larger sizes and rockin' the Good Gear.  But weight wise, I have remained stationary.  I am two weeks out of getting REALLY pissed.  I drink gallons of Water, I gave up Beer [do something like that & you really want to see results!]...  Cut down on the late night snacking.  I Workout every morning.  Now its come to the point that I am having to give up the last thing that I wanted to, Bread.  Man, I love the fact that I look better, but f**k... I just want the scale to dip down to my old wrestling weight.  I work so hard.  It just gets to you. 
Back to the workout.  I should just relax, maybe its just the stress.
Peace

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 12:23:51 PM »
Be patient brother, the fact that you have a goal and are sticking to it is great in and of itself. I gave up drinking too, it does suck because thats all my friends do, so other than that I don't need them, ha j/k. But I don't have to worry about spending the next day feeling like dookie.

You'll get to where you want to be, and when you do you will appreciate it more, and so will the ladies  O0 O0

Keep it up, I have been working out for about 10yrs and just took off for about 6mos for various reasons (none were good though), and I feel 100% better, more energy, less stress and over more optimistic towards things...

Being SLY helps too! :*)) :*))

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2007, 10:25:58 AM »
Yosp, I hear you 100%.  I am trying to stay positive.  It is not that I have not been seeing results, I mean if it is any indication that I have lost a good amount of Body Fat % and have put on some muscle, its the fact that the ladies are saying that I am looking better than ever, in combo with the fact that I have yet to loose really a solid pound.  Still bouncing at around 233-235.  Its hard when you feel great about loosing the Fat, but then you jump on the scale and the results [from the scale] that you have been going for are just not coming.  I have finally given up the Bread.  Now I am basically on Corn Tortillas (isn't that bad, I am Hispanic so its not a hard change from what I grew up with) & White meats.  That and Cereal in the morning.  I have cut back on the meals, from four to five to a solid three, with one apple cut up to be snacked on through the day as I get cravings for something.  Still running, Biking, & Lifting.  I am hoping that with the final sacrifice that I had yet to make [giving up bread], that the lbs will finally start falling off. 
Lets see, I have given up:
SODA/ENERGY DRINKS
CARBINATED DRINKS
BREAD
BEER
ALCOHOL
FAST FOOD
FATTY FOOD

I:
WORK OUT CONSISTANTLY & HARD
I AM DRINKING IN EXCESS OF 1&1/2 GALLONS OF WATER PER DAY
I DO NOT OWN A CAR, SO I BIKE EVERYWHERE [IN EXCESS OF 1 HOUR A DAY]

Its just hard.  Some can give up half of what I have and loose the weight.  I guess this is just one of those tests that the lord is putting me through to see how much I want the Coast Guard.  Well, I will give up everything to get to the Coast...

I am resolved.  What does not kill me makes me stronger.  I will just work harder, & let the dissappointment fuel me in the gym.  Just got to relax, Stress is a factor for weight gain [maybe a factor for weight retention]. 
Peace

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 10:28:02 AM »
Thanks for the Backup Yosp... All Ya'll have helped me keep stable, Its appreciated... If I run into you in my travels, I owe you a Beer  :*)) :*)) :*))
Peace

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 12:09:27 PM »
You will get there brother...

Ever consider eating small meals every 2-3hrs? It is a good way to help with your metabolism...

Also, I would only step on the scale once a month or even every other month, the scale can make you discouraged... :x! :x!

Good Luck.  $#!zzle